- Implement structural cost savings (network)
- Manage country incurred costs down in line with volumes
- Continue growth Emerging Platforms
- Master plan initiatives in the Netherlands
- CLA negotiations to more market conform levels
- Continue growth Emerging Mail & Parcels
- Focus on cash
- Potential Royal Mail strategic partnership
- Delivery solutions
- The decision by the Minister for Social Affairs and Employment to extend the period during which a pension plan needs to recover its financial buffers from three years to five years.
- Instead of additional one-off contributions to restore to the minimum required coverage ratio of 105% in five years, it has been established to apply a solvency mark-up to the regular contributions so that the coverage ratio is up from 93% to 120% in fifteen years and to 105% within the required timeframe.
TNT provides businesses and consumers worldwide with an extensive range of services for their mail and express delivery needs. Headquartered in the Netherlands, TNT offers efficient network infrastructures in Europe and Asia and continues to optimise the performance of its networks. TNT serves more than 200 countries and employs some 160,000 people. Over 2009, TNT reported €10.4 billion in revenues and an operating income of €648 million. TNT is publicly listed on the stock exchange of Amsterdam. TNT recognizes its social responsibility, and has formed partnerships with the United Nations World Food Programme and the United Nations Environment Programme to fight hunger and pollution in the world. Our efforts are being recognised: in 2010, TNT was again designated the “Supersector Leader” for “Industrial Goods and Services” (including the “Industrial Transportation” sector) in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), More information about TNT can be found on its website http://group.tnt.com.
We are PostNL. For our clients, we are the link between the physical and the online world. We facilitate communications between people and companies. On average, we deliver 500,000 parcels and 10 million letters a day throughout all of the Netherlands. We offer more and more new services through combinations of smart networks, digital applications and the right communications channels. In doing so, we aim to make the daily lives of our customers easier.
As the first listed postal company, we have the largest and most modern network for letters, parcels and e-commerce in the Benelux countries. In addition, we also operate in Germany and Italy. PostNL employs a total of approximately 49,000 people. In 2015 our revenues reached almost €3,5 billion.