- PostNL N.V. traded as a stand-alone company as of 26 May 2011; legal demerger of Express activities effective as of 31 May 2011
- 29.9% stake in TNT Express initially recognised at €1,583 million; impairment €397 million (as prescribed by accounting standards)
- Underlying revenues up 4.1% to €1,033 million
- Underlying cash operating income €25 million
- Net debt position €925 million as at 2 July 2011
- Interim 2011 dividend of €0.214 per share (of which €0.017 relates to the dividend receivable from the stake in TNT Express), at choice of shareholder in cash or stock
Summary outlook 2011
PostNL is the inventive partner in the world of sending and receiving. We have been so for 200 years already. We are primarily active in the fields of mail, parcels and e-commerce, but we also offer services in the areas of data and document management, direct marketing and fulfilment. Outside the Netherlands, we are active in Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, Belgium and Luxemburg. PostNL employs a total of more than 59,000 people. In 2013 our revenues reached € 4.3 billion.
We like to stay ahead of things. We are the most modern postal company in the world. We are proud of that. As the first listed postal company, we are an example to the rest of the world in automatic letter sorting. And our innovative parcels network is completely adapted to the wishes of web retailers.