- A confirmed total of 1,700 jobs will be retained, including at TNT Post’s new “Auto Unit” and Parcel Service;
- TNT Post will examine the possibilities to retain another 200 jobs at the Auto Unit as part of future organisational changes;
- Temporary work will be offered to 300 employees until the end of 2013;
- Greater use will be made of TNT Mobility, with the aim of avoiding unemployment for an additional 500 workers;
- The signs of disquiet among staff that came to light as part of the ArboNed investigation will be addressed, with a plan of action being established;
- TNT Post and the unions will also study ways in which employees in jobs that will be shed can be assisted in finding work elsewhere through a secondment company to be set up by an external party.
TNT provides businesses and consumers worldwide with an extensive range of services for their mail and express delivery needs. Headquartered in the Netherlands, TNT offers efficient network infrastructures in Europe and Asia and continues to optimise the performance of its networks. TNT serves more than 200 countries and employs some 160,000 people. Over 2009, TNT reported €10.4 billion in revenues and an operating income of €648 million. TNT is publicly listed on the stock exchange of Amsterdam. TNT recognizes its social responsibility, and has formed partnerships with the United Nations World Food Programme and the United Nations Environment Programme to fight hunger and pollution in the world. Our efforts are being recognised: in 2010, TNT was again designated the “Supersector Leader” for “Industrial Goods and Services” (including the “Industrial Transportation” sector) in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), More information about TNT can be found on its website http://group.tnt.com.
We are PostNL. We are an essential link between the physical and the online world. We have the largest network for letters, parcels and e-commerce in the Benelux countries. Our combinations of smart networks and digital applications enable us to provide our clients with valuable solutions. We live in a world where digital applications play an increasingly large role in our daily lives. These services develop very rapidly. We put our resourcefulness to good use to constantly think up new ways to connect senders and receivers.
As the first listed postal company, we are an example to the rest of the world in automatic letter sorting. And our innovative parcels network is completely adapted to the wishes of web retailers. Outside the Netherlands, we are active in Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg. PostNL employs a total of approximately 56,000 people. In 2014 our revenues reached almost € 4.3 billion.