Financial highlights Q3
- Underlying revenue of €1,020 million (Q3 2012: €1,022 million)
- Underlying operating income of €60 million (Q3 2012: €49 million)
- Underlying cash operating income of €16 million (Q3 2012: €4 million)
- Net cash from operating and investing activities of €79 million (Q3 2012: €(96) million)
Operational highlights Q3
- Addressed mail volume Mail in the Netherlands declined by 12.2% like for like
- Delivery quality increased to 96.6% (Q2 2013: 96.3%)
- Parcels volumes grew by 8%
- Positive contribution of International
- Underlying cash operating income guidance increased to between €130 million and €160 million (previously €50 million - €90 million)
- Cost savings guidance increased to between €90 million and €110 million (previously €60 million - €80 million)
- Continued focus on execution of reorganisation; savings coming in early
Herna Verhagen, CEO of PostNL, states: "We reported a solid quarter, with Mail in the Netherlands in particular contributing to the strong financial results. Cost savings and also price increases impacted the results positively.
The reorganisation of Mail in the Netherlands is gaining pace. Cost savings are being realised ahead of schedule and are compensating for the addressed mail volume decline.
Parcels continued its good volume and revenue growth. In International, volumes and revenues grew and the segment contributed positively to PostNL's results.
Based on these results and to a large extent the speed of the realisation of cost savings, we now expect underlying cash operating income in 2013 of between €130 million and €160 million.
There are still a number of steps we need to take in order to achieve our 2015 outlook. With the progress made this year on business performance, pricing, the extension of the social plan and the collective labour and pension agreements we remain on track to deliver our underlying cash operating income target."
We are PostNL. The postal and logistic solutions provider. For our customers, we are the link between the physical and the online world. We facilitate communications between people and companies. We deliver parcels seven days a week and letters five days a week. On an average day, we deliver 575,000 parcels and 9 million letters throughout the Benelux. We offer more and more new services through combinations of smart networks, digital applications and the right communications channels. In doing so, we aim to make the daily lives of our customers easier.
As the first listed postal company, we have the largest and most modern network for letters, parcels and e-commerce in the Benelux countries. In addition, we also operate in Germany, Italy and eight other countries across the world. PostNL employs a total of 46,000 people. With our loyal workforce, extensive networks and innovative drive, our ambition is to be the leading postal and logistics solutions provider in chosen markets. In 2016 our revenues reached €3,4 billion.