Financial highlights Q3
- Underlying revenue of €1,020 million (Q3 2012: €1,022 million)
- Underlying operating income of €60 million (Q3 2012: €49 million)
- Underlying cash operating income of €16 million (Q3 2012: €4 million)
- Net cash from operating and investing activities of €79 million (Q3 2012: €(96) million)
Operational highlights Q3
- Addressed mail volume Mail in the Netherlands declined by 12.2% like for like
- Delivery quality increased to 96.6% (Q2 2013: 96.3%)
- Parcels volumes grew by 8%
- Positive contribution of International
- Underlying cash operating income guidance increased to between €130 million and €160 million (previously €50 million - €90 million)
- Cost savings guidance increased to between €90 million and €110 million (previously €60 million - €80 million)
- Continued focus on execution of reorganisation; savings coming in early
Herna Verhagen, CEO of PostNL, states: "We reported a solid quarter, with Mail in the Netherlands in particular contributing to the strong financial results. Cost savings and also price increases impacted the results positively.
The reorganisation of Mail in the Netherlands is gaining pace. Cost savings are being realised ahead of schedule and are compensating for the addressed mail volume decline.
Parcels continued its good volume and revenue growth. In International, volumes and revenues grew and the segment contributed positively to PostNL's results.
Based on these results and to a large extent the speed of the realisation of cost savings, we now expect underlying cash operating income in 2013 of between €130 million and €160 million.
There are still a number of steps we need to take in order to achieve our 2015 outlook. With the progress made this year on business performance, pricing, the extension of the social plan and the collective labour and pension agreements we remain on track to deliver our underlying cash operating income target."
PostNL is the inventive partner in the world of sending and receiving. We have been so for 200 years already. We are primarily active in the fields of mail, parcels and e-commerce, but we also offer services in the areas of data and document management, direct marketing and fulfilment. Outside the Netherlands, we are active in Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, Belgium and Luxemburg. PostNL employs a total of more than 59,000 people. In 2013 our revenues reached € 4.3 billion.
We like to stay ahead of things. We are the most modern postal company in the world. We are proud of that. As the first listed postal company, we are an example to the rest of the world in automatic letter sorting. And our innovative parcels network is completely adapted to the wishes of web retailers.