Most important agreements
- In addition to a one-off payment of 1 percent for 2013, employees receive a pay raise from 1 April 2013, from 1 January 2014, and from 1 July 2014 of 0.5 percent, 2.1 percent and 0.5 percent, respectively.
- In order to keep the pensions affordable, the employee contribution of 2% currently paid will be increased to 4 percent as from 1 January 2014, with retroactive effect.
- Starting 1 July 2014, the compensation for working during the daytime on Saturday will be reduced to 30% for Production employees. This percentage will be reduced further to 20% starting on 31 December 2014.
- The number of Saturdays off for Production employees has been cut in half to thirteen in 2014. Starting 1 January 2015, the right to Saturdays off will no longer apply, apart from taking holiday on a Saturday.
- In addition, older letter carriers have the opportunity this year to choose to work a 60+ part-time arrangement. This allows them to work two days less until retirement, while retaining 80% of their salary.
Herna Verhagen, PostNL CEO, explains, “This new CLA offers good opportunities for both our employees and our company. On balance, the increase in labour costs is moderate, combined with broader employability. As a result, we are taking yet another step towards further adapting our company.”
We are PostNL. We are an essential link between the physical and the online world. We have the largest network for letters, parcels and e-commerce in the Benelux countries. Our combinations of smart networks and digital applications enable us to provide our clients with valuable solutions. We live in a world where digital applications play an increasingly large role in our daily lives. These services develop very rapidly. We put our resourcefulness to good use to constantly think up new ways to connect senders and receivers.
As the first listed postal company, we are an example to the rest of the world in automatic letter sorting. And our innovative parcels network is completely adapted to the wishes of web retailers. Outside the Netherlands, we are active in Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg. PostNL employs a total of approximately 59,000 people. In 2013 our revenues reached almost € 4.3 billion.