The most important provisions in the agreement in principle with the trade unions Abvakabo FNV, BVPP, CNV Publieke Zaak and VHP2 are as follows:
- Employees will receive a pay raise of 0.5% as of 1 April 2013.
- The employees will also receive a one-time bonus of 1% over 2013.
- A pay raise of 2.1% will be calculated from 1 January 2014.
- On 1 July 2014, a further pay raise of 0.5% will go into effect.
- In order to keep the pensions affordable, PostNL will raise the employee contribution from 2% to 4% as of 1 January 2014.
- Starting on 1 July 2014, the compensation for working on Saturday will be reduced from 40% to 30% for Production employees. This percentage will be reduced further to 20% starting on 31 December 2014.
- In addition, letter carriers will be given the opportunity to choose to work a 60+ part time arrangement.
The CLAs for PostNL and PostNL Parcels will be combined into the new differentiated CLA. Mail deliverers and Saturday deliverers will retain their own CLA. The CLA will apply to the period from 1 April 2013 to 31 December 2014. The trade unions will submit this agreement in principle to their members for approval, which is expected to be granted around 1 July.
This agreement in principle will contribute to ensuring a healthy and stable future for PostNL. A suitable CLA is essential in order to adapt the increasing activity of our parcel service and the decreasing of addressed mail volumes. This agreement in principle will provide such a CLA and will support PostNL in achieving its goals for the future.
We are PostNL. We are an essential link between the physical and the online world. We have the largest network for letters, parcels and e-commerce in the Benelux countries. Our combinations of smart networks and digital applications enable us to provide our clients with valuable solutions. We live in a world where digital applications play an increasingly large role in our daily lives. These services develop very rapidly. We put our resourcefulness to good use to constantly think up new ways to connect senders and receivers.
As the first listed postal company, we are an example to the rest of the world in automatic letter sorting. And our innovative parcels network is completely adapted to the wishes of web retailers. Outside the Netherlands, we are active in Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg. PostNL employs a total of approximately 59,000 people. In 2013 our revenues reached almost € 4.3 billion.