Wat ga je doen?
As an API developer you will join the API management team. This cross-functional team is responsible for the API portfolio of PostNL in terms of strategy, governance and best practices. As an API developer you contribute by knowing every pillar in our API platform and by consulting development teams across the company on how to use the API platform in the best way. With your team you will define and prioritize features and refine and build user stories so that they can be reliably executed during a sprint. You will apply your engineering skills and knowledge to build these API integration patterns and document these allowing others to adopt them or iterate on them. It is also your job to recognize whether teams experience impediments when adopting end-to-end API connectivity. You analyse these in order to propose and build solutions to these problems.
Within PostNL we create AI and Big data centred software applications, serving both our co-workers in our Supply Chain operation and our Consumers in the Benelux market. For instance, think of the PostNL-app which is available for all consumers, providing visibility and control on ordered parcels and paper mail. As a consumer you want to know when your parcels arrive with the smallest possible time margin. These kind of insights can only be provided when all our different systems are connected. Therefore the importance of powerful API gateways connecting our systems is essential in this matter.
Our department called Customer Excellence is responsible for developing the consumer software applications, in which our API management team creates and maintains API development. The API management team provides all the cross-company development teams with reference integration patterns and APIs. At the moment we are working on several API platform migrations and upgrades to meet the newest technical standards. Working with SAFe you will have 15 team members, of which 6 members are provided by an external service provider. Eventually our goal is to create our own engineering capability and insource more development that we have outsourced today.
The mission of the API management team is to take away concerns around generic API conditioning, deployment and governance from our development teams across PostNL and enable them to focus on maximizing their feature delivery. Based on the MACH principles (Microservices, API-first, Cloud native & Headless), PostNL is currently modernizing its application portfolio. “API first” is one of the guiding principles in this company-wide program.
Wat breng jij mee?
We would love to hear from you if the following characteristics match:
• You are able to bring a skill-set that consist of good communication, teamwork and empathy;
• A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field;
• Basic experience with Software, DevOps or API development, obtained over 1 – 3 years;
• Working knowledge of networking, network security and network services;
• Experience with analysing business processes and developing integration patterns using an API framework;
• Basic understanding of integration patterns, application stacks, Cloud operating models and the trade-offs involved;
• Love working with software product developers and able to write code yourself (for instance using CDK, AWS CloudFormation, Python, TypeScript);
• Self-starting and self-organizing within a diverse & all-inclusive engineering culture;
• Working experience with DevOps and AWS CI/CD tools;
• Furthermore you have the eagerness to share knowledge and explain technical solutions to a broad IT audience;
• Eager to learn new knowledge and connect with fellow engineers across the company;
• Taking initiative to work on projects next to the development itself is in your nature;
• Good verbal and communication skills.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
In PostNL we find ourselves in a unique moment of time in which we see lots of greenfield situations. We are ambitious in our Supply Chain Management business, but we stand together as a team to make it happen. Together with your direct team members, IT-professionals with various specialties from other businesses and with our whole IT Community we transform PostNL into a true Tech company. Your personal development is essential for us and we will stimulate you to grow and facilitate you with the necessary growth opportunities. We will offer you a career!
Next to this we will offer you:
• A position in scale 10, with a gross monthly salary between Eur. 3.550,- and Eur. 4.880,-
• A full-time working week is 37 hours;
• An environment in which you can work with, and learn more about the latest state of the art AWS technologies;
• Growing agile teams where you will have the freedom to take ownership in growing with and as a team. You and your fellow team members, shape the way you collaborate, continuously learn and grow with a shot of daily fun and challenging puzzles;
• A dynamic, flexible and entrepreneurial environment with an innovative and collaborative PostNL team, adding value to the platform with external suppliers;
• Professional growth opportunities, for example as technical lead or skills diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development and specialism;
• Room for personal development through education and training in the PostNL learning environment, content driven and knowledge sharing sessions;
• Flexible working hours to determine an optimal work / private balance. We place great value on your vitality;
• A hybrid way of working, enabling you to partly work from home (max. 50%) and from our brand new office head office, just in 5 minutes’ walk from station Den Haag – Holland Spoor.
PostNL aims to be the favourite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are just looking for great people, with great potential.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!