Wat ga je doen?
As an API Engineer you will enter the API management team. This is a cross functional team, responsible for the API portfolio of PostNL in terms of strategy, governance and best practices. As an API engineer you contribute to the mission of the API management team by knowing every pillar in our API platform and by consulting the teams from an engineering point of view on how to use it in the most efficient and effective way. Good communication and empathy is in your skill set.
We provide the development teams with reference integration patterns based on best practices. You possess the skills to create and build these integration patterns and document these allowing others to adopt them or iterate on them. It is also your job to recognize impediments which teams experience when adopting E2E API connectivity. You analyze these and you propose and build solutions to these problems.
As member of our team it is useful to have good collaboration skills and the ability to work with other teams, realizing working solutions together with them. Within the API management team we work within a scaled agile framework. With your team you define and prioritize features and refine and build user stories so that they can be reliably executed during a sprint. We support continuous learning and support your personal and on-the-job learning and development.
The core mission of the API management team is liberate the development teams within PostNL of concerns around generic API conditioning, deployment, governance, and enable them to focus on maximizing their feature delivery. You are the one who guides the adoption and the change within the organization. Because PostNL is currently implementing a modernization/rationalization of its application portfolio based on MACH (microservices, API-first, cloud native & headless) principles, “API first” is one of the guiding principles in this company-wide program.
Wat breng jij mee?
We would love to hear from you if the following characteristics resonate:
- You are able to bring a skillset that consist of good communication, teamwork and empathy;
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- Extensive experience as a Software, DevOps or Api Engineer;
- A good working knowledge of networking, network security and network services;
- Experience with analysing business processes and developing integration patterns using an API framework.
- A deep understanding of integration patterns, application stacks, Cloud operating models and the trade-offs involved.
- Love working with application developers and able to write code yourself (e.g CDK, ADF Cloudformation, Python, Typescript)
- Self-starting and self-organizing within a diverse & all-inclusive engineering culture;
- working experience with DevOps and AWS CI/CD tools;
- Curious to learn the Dutch language and to understand our Logistic jargon.
Further more you have the eagerness to share knowledge and explain technical solutions to a broad IT audience and you feel comfortable working in a rapidly changing and competitive environment.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- A salary between € 4000 and max. € 6549 (salary scale 11/12*) gross per month for 37 hours per week;
- Great benefits including 25 vacation days and 8% holiday pay and attractive Pension benefits;
- A dynamic, flexible and entrepreneurial environment with an innovative and collaborative PostNL team, and external suppliers creating value to the platform;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example as technical lead or skills diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development and specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training in the PostNL learning environment, content driven and knowledge sharing sessions;
- Laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs.
As an API engineer you will work together with professionals in the field. Within the API management team you work together with 8 team members. You are part of a transformation, where you make the difference. As the API’s we support are pervasive within the fabric of the company the resulting work we do has a direct and visible impact on our commercial customers and the general public in the Netherlands.
We look forward to receiving your application by means of CV.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are just looking for great talent.
Do you have doubts about this position with regard to your ambition of skills? Feel free to contact Stefan van Wijngaarden on 06-82231251 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!