About us: Cross Border Solutions (CBS) is a business unit within PostNL with the mission to make it easier for people and businesses to communicate and trade across international boundaries. CBS serves the high demanding mail and cross-border e-commerce market in over 190 countries
As Business Data Analyst you have a varying role concerning the Cross-Border business in both traditional mail and e-commerce. You manage ‘big data’, analyse business operations and customer behaviour, report and advise on analysis and just as importantly, you contribute to expand knowledge management within CBS. In this role you report directly to the Head of e-commerce.
You are not afraid of handling and analysing highly complex data. You are great at converting this data into relevant dashboards, reports and insights. By presenting these findings effectively you support stakeholders in important decision-making. As you will be operating in a complex stakeholder environment it’s important you can prioritise information and insight needs.
As well as your personal analytical responsibilities you interact with managers, employees, suppliers and customers in Europe, North America and Asia
This by e.g. data-mining activities, in-depth data analysis, validating by combining and interpreting data.
Due to the specific scope of this job it is highly suited to an inspired analytical professional who is enterprising, and is creative and open in his or her contribution - continuously in search of opportunities and possibilities of new (un)structured sources.
- Analysing: collect relevant data, analyse and report. You clean up and process raw data, correlate different types of data and are able to recognize patterns in big data to develop algorithm (machine learning).
- Reporting: periodically performing standard reports and on the other hand you perform ad hoc analyses and draft ad hoc reports carried out by several sources.
- Stakeholder management: you work with many kinds of users with conflicts of interest. It is up to you to align with management, client and stakeholders about input and support.
- Advising: you provide statements, draw conclusions and determine consequences for business operations. You describe and visualize discovered insights and predictions and advise management on data and insight analysis, commercial opportunities and market developments.
- Knowledge management: keeping track of developments in the field, identifying and advising on improvements within EDW/(big)data/tools and participate in related CBS-projects expanding internal relationship network.
Wat breng jij mee?
What do you bring with you?
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Science / IT (beta subjects) and 1 - 3 years’ professional experience in research or comparable positions.
- Sound knowledge of data science tools plus one or more programming languages, large databases/data models, simulations and algorithms.
- Highly developed analytical skills with a creative and positive outlook and strong customer focus.
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to connect with various colleagues across the organization in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Excellent English, both written and verbal, fluency in another European language (preferable).
- Desire to work in an international environment with a positive and flexible working attitude and open to agile working.
Wat bieden wij jou?
What we offer:
- A challenging and position in a professional, ambitious and dynamic company, with great (international) colleagues for 39,25 hours per week.
- Gross monthly salary of € 3.419 up to € 4.712 (scale 10) based on a fulltime contract and depending on years of relevant experience
- A varied new role in the Hague where initiative and entrepreneurship is both welcome and encouraged.
- An inspirational working experience in a high demanding and fast-growing market
- Good secondary benefits such as 25 days holiday, variable dividend, flexible workplace (results are more important to us than a 9 to 5 office mentality)and a favourable pension scheme.
- Room for personal and professional growth within the organisation through training and development.
Please send your CV and motivational cover letter before 7th August 2018. Due to the summer holiday period, interviews will be planned accordingly.
Klik hier voor onze interim opdrachten