Wat ga je doen?
When joining us in this role of Lead C# Engineer you will working in our platform team called “Platform Logistical Information” (PLI). This PLI is the central component in the Logistic Service Provider (LSP) which is all around providing operational logistic applications to the other PostNL businesses and our external partners. PLI is a mission critical platform that directly has client impact when it is down. Hence the stability and uptime are crucial while releasing new features and functionalities. On the other hand we need to continue improving this platform.
What is your role?
As our Lead Engineer you will be joining a development team with software engineers, two solution consultants, a Scrum master and a product owner. You will be leading this team from the technical point of view, which means you are responsible for the stability, scalability, security, innovation and integration of the platform. You will be advising about the solution design, but you will also get into the code to create a prototype. Our applications are built with C#, TypeScript and, a much as possible, with Serverless AWS infrastructured CI/CD in a microservices architecture. All modern technologies and our whole engineering community are here to support you. You will work together with allying platforms, peers and colleagues in the logistics domain. Next to this you will be part if the PostNL engineering community in which we share “best practices” and innovations in the logistics domain.
Ever since we started our business more than two centuries ago we have been able to disrupt the market and act as a front-runner with technical innovation. Our goal: to keep on being the preferred Deliverer in the Benelux and we believe that technical innovation and logistic intelligence will help us doing so. That is why we work with real-time control systems and applications based on IoT, AI, Machine Learning and seamless CI/CD.
Wat breng jij mee?
In your role as Lead engineer you know how to collaborate within your team and with stakeholders in other parts of the company. You love to apply your knowledge and skills in designing, developing and improving data intensive applications in a cloud native environment.
In summary you can find yourself in the following background:
• Knowledge of and experience in designing cloud-native microservices architecture and integrating all the other relevant application domains;
• Ability to use the maximum capability of all (Serverless) building blocks from AWS;
• Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns;
• Experience with and passion for coaching, mentoring fellow engineers.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
In PostNL we find ourselves in a unique moment of time in which we see lots of greenfield situations. We are ambitious in our Supply Chain Management business, but we stand together as a team to make it happen. Together with your direct team members, IT-professionals with various specialties from other business and with our whole IT Community we transform PostNL into a true Tech company. Your personal development is essential for us and we will stimulate you to grow and facilitate you with the necessary growth opportunities.
Next to this we will offer you:
• This position is on scale 12 or 13 with a gross monthly salary between Eur. 4.617,- Eur. 7.876,- (depending on your level);
• Our full-time working week is 37 hours;
• We will offer you an environment in which you can work with, and learn more about the latest state of the art AWS technologies;
• We are growing our agile teams where you will have the freedom to take ownership in growing with and as a team. You and your fellow team members, shape the way you collaborate, continuously learn and grow with a shot of daily fun and challenging puzzles;
• We boost the autonomy of our development (Scrum) teams in our innovative business unit of Parcels & Logistics. Autonomy for Scrum teams means faster feature development;
• You can use flexible working hours to determine an optimal work / private balance. We place great value on your vitality;
• Hybrid way of working, enabling you to partly work from home (max. 50%) and from our brand new office head office, just in 5 minutes’ walk from station Den Haag – Holland Spoor.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!