Currently based at our office in the Hague, this dynamic and responsible consultant role is a linking pin position between Business and IT in the Business Development and Sales domain. In this role you are comfortable being the IT specialist in your contact with customers and with the internal IT department you can represent business requirements effectively. In your contact with customers you identify client wishes and are able to champion new ideas in the internal organization. As Customer Implementation Consultant you are responsible for integrating customers on our systems through API, SFTP or webportal to allow them to generate labels, pre-advise shipments and exchange tracking events. Besides an understanding of these technologies you also have some experience with programming / scripting to understand the challenges of customer developers and to expand on the existing automation scripts to set up customers. You are able to gain a thorough functional understanding of the customer-facing applications – how they work for customers and how they support our internal financial and operational process. You can design or optimize integration processes. This role is part of a sales process providing pre- and post-sales technical support. Quick and effective IT integration is what we strive for. Being a flexible, efficient and stress-resistant multitasker is crucial in this customer focussed position. You make the integration process as easy as possible for customers and the internal organization.
Reporting to the Solution Owner, you are part of the Customer Implementation team and also work in multi-disciplinary teams when required. As IT representative to the customer you work closely with account management and multiple IT oriented teams within the CBS department.
Other responsibilities include:
- Relationship building and management: Maintaining effective levels of relationships in the customer (IT) organisation and within several teams and departments in your PostNL network
- Optimization and improvements: Within the IT department you discuss and propose optimizations and train the teams within the business model on integration options and provide them with sale collateral. When necessary you visit customers and using your basic knowledge of API programming you support the developers of these customers and suggest internal improvements.
- Process & Implementation: You describe and implement an optimal, sustainable process for connecting customers to our API’s and platforms.
- Support: Integration tasks, ability to translate what the customer needs including basic troubleshooting. Writing of manuals for internal teams (support).
Wat breng jij mee?
Qualifications and skills include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in a business and IT related discipline and have gained 3- 5 years relevant working experience in a commercial IT environment. Relevant IT knowledge, with expertise in APIs or programming (or willing to learn), functional application management, troubleshooting, integrations and migrations.
- Affinity with the logistics industry in an e-commerce environment including trends and development in this industry. Open to agile working.
- Fluency in English verbally and strong writing skills. Knowledge of Dutch or a non-European language is a plus.
- Strong administrative and operational expertise, precision and ability to work to deadlines. Experience heading up a team is a welcome plus.
- Well-developed technical understanding and excellent communication skills communication skills - ability to explain complex situations in a clear and concise manner.
- You are result-driven, customer focussed, flexible, open to change and can prioritize effectively on multiple projects.
Wat bieden wij jou?
- A responsible and challenging position in a newly formed team. Opportunity to further develop this role within a professional, dynamic and international organization in a fast-growing market.
- Flexibility and freedom to perform your job working where and when you want. Results are more important than a 9 to 5 mentality.
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits package, based on the PostNL Collective Labour Agreement (CAO). Salary indication level 11 based on a 39,25 hour week with a gross monthly salary between € 3.777,31 and € 5.349,81 depending on relevant work experience and knowledge.
- A welcoming and inclusive environment; with enthusiastic and motivated colleagues and extensive self -development opportunities.
- Great location. In the Hague our office building is situated at the Beatrixkwartier with an amazing view over the city and outstanding accessibility via public transport.
CBS is the business unit of PostNL which provides international delivery solutions to businesses worldwide. CBS makes it easier for people and businesses to communicate and trade across international boundaries. CBS aims to become the most respected service provider by supporting the cross-border e-commerce market through creative and innovative distribution solutions. Serving business over 190 countries, with 13 offices worldwide and circa 1,200 employees. At CBS we are agile, customer-focused and reliable.
Want to apply?
Please submit your CV and motivational cover letter in English before 15th July using the ‘apply’ button below. Please inform us of possible summer vacation dates. First interviews will be held in the weeks following 20th July 2018 according to vacation plans.
Please note: A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and reference check are part of the selection process..
Klik hier voor onze interim opdrachten