Wat ga je doen?
What is this job about?
As Data Analyst it is your role to challenge the business on reporting and advanced analytics requirements and translate these requirements into solutions. You are entrepreneurial and eager to scout for new projects in order to make CBS more data driven (in your focus area). By helping to realize these, you can really make a difference. Help us in teaching CBS to talk data and to use new innovations in e.g. machine learning to start large cost savings initiatives or new revenue models.
This role involves:
- Reading, analyzing and understanding data, information and insight needs and requirements;
- Collecting quantitative data from internal (un)structured sources ('big data'), preparing, analyzing, calculating and converting data (models) to periodic / ad hoc or standard / customized insights. This you do in line with (local) business needs in order to provide insight information to support decision-making;
- Knowledge transfer to the business: “let’s talk data!” through clear explanation of the dashboarding BI tools and smart insights, training and support to promote self-sufficiency with the BI tools and increasing fact-based data driven decision making.
As a Data Analyst you will be part of the BI & Analytics department, which means you will be made and kept ‘fit for the job’ from a central IT team that consists of colleagues with ‘digital DNA’ and have knowledge and access to the latest techniques. On one hand you will be part of this team and on the other hand you will be part of a team on the business side to which you will be dedicated in helping them to become data driven.
You will be working in a complex stakeholder environment. You will collaborate with many kinds of users (from operational data consumers to executive level, advisors and data developers) and suppliers. Within Spring you will also be interacting with managers, employees, suppliers and customers in Europe, North America. This can involve dealing with conflicts of interest; balancing relationships together with various business models that require a certain skillset in changing and adapting quickly.
Your workspace is a digital environment which can be logged on from any location. Workspace at the office is flexible. Part of the time you will sit with the colleagues from the BI department and most of the time you will spend with colleagues from the domain you work dedicated for: namely Spring. You have one other Data Analyst in your domain and are part of a larger team within BI & Analytics of approximately 15 colleagues plus a pool of external developers.
We want to be the favorite logistics company by delivering special moments every day. Our employees and customers are key. We are always looking for ways to be better. CBS Business Intelligence & Analytics’ aim is for the whole of CBS to have the knowledge and tools to be capable to make data driven (fact based) decisions .
PostNL IT is the central IT organization of PostNL and is responsible for the specification, selection and development of the IT services of PostNL. Cross Border Solutions is the department that combines products and services for both mail and parcels for international customers.
Spring Global Delivery Solutions is fully owned by PostNL and provides mail, parcel and return solutions to businesses worldwide. As an autonomous broker, we handle international deliveries across the most reliable networks. By using our expertise in creative ways we offer clever solutions for your global deliveries. With 16 offices around the globe, we connect 3 continents and cover 190 countries. www.spring-gds.com
Wat breng jij mee?
What we are looking for:
- A bachelor degree in IT (or other statistics driven expertise area) plus 3-5 years work experience in comparable positions;
- Working knowledge of Agile/SaFe methodolgy, BI (including tools as PowerBI and SQL knowledge) and statistic tooling such as Python and R is a pre;
- Proactive, innovative mindset- you enjoy creating new paths and taking others on your journey;
- Good communication and presentation skills, excellent English and a natural multi-level knowledge sharer and motivator;
- Advanced analytics and forecasting knowledge, solution oriented with an eye for detail and quality;
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to thrive in an international environment with a variety of users and suppliers and complex stakeholder management.
To be successful in this role, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are crucial. The added ability to connect with, challenge and understand the needs and issues of our colleagues, suppliers and customers in other countries is important to obtain and transfer the right data and knowledge. Your entrepreneurialship and realisation skills help you to achieve surprising results.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Gross salary indication between € 3.355,- and € 4.624,- based on a fulltime contract (37 hours) (level 10) of the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement;
- 25 vacation days and 8% holiday pay and attractive Pension benefits;
- A dynamic, flexible and entrepreneurial position in a close-knit team of analysts within BIT CBS with a work focus in the international Spring domain;
- Room for personal development through education and training in PostNL learning environment, content driven and knowledge sharing sessions;
- Flexibility to work remotely or in the office;
- Work location: The Hague.
Please apply with your CV and compelling cover letter in English. The candidate selection will take place after the closing date of July 10th. Thereafter we will advise you on the status of your application.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs and who you love. We are just looking for great talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates simultaneously. On equal suitability then internal candidates will take priority for hire.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!