Wat ga je doen?
PostNL has the ambition to be the Tech Postal company of the Benelux and Analytics and Decision Support (ADS) in combination with Machine learning Operations (ML Ops) are crucial for the success of this ambition. As the Head of ADS & ML Ops you are a key factor in the enablement of fact based decision making and the industrialization of Algorithms in the core process of PostNL. You do this for all four PostNL business domains namely Logistics, Commerce, Human Resources and Finance. Main goal is to speed up the digitalization process that is going on within PostNL in close cooperation with the Business Units.
PostNL is increasingly developing into a technology-driven organization in which data and analytics play a crucial role. A fully connected data ecosystem is required to enable PostNL's tech-driven future strategy. The data ecosystem created by the this department with over 200 data PostNL data experts is a precondition for a successful digital transformation. The data ecosystem is shaped by integrating data experts within the Agile Release Trains (SaFe) and business units to deliver high-quality data and analytical expertise in line with PostNL's strategic priorities and in line with the Agile Operating Model. In addition, you are primarily responsible for the PostNL-wide production of data-driven insights and decision support. You lead an organizational unit consisting of Data Scientists, Principal Data Scientists, Digital Consultants and ML Ops Engineers. The teams carry out features and projects for different business units of PostNL and your responsibilities include;
- managing the 20 Data Scientists and the 4 ML Ops engineers
- ensuring that the level of the analytical products is raised to a higher level
- broadening the way we industrialize algorithms
- improving the collaboration both internally and with the stakeholders
- developing an innovation roadmap
- for the PostNL data community
- developing best practices so that analytics products are developed faster
- maintaining relationships with universities and knowledge organizations.
Your stakeholder management ensures that the strategies of all business units are mutually aligned with the data & analytics strategy. As a result all PostNL data experts can work more efficiently and the data capabilities grow more and more towards a strategic asset of PostNL and therefore a precondition for a data-driven organization and successful digital transformation.
We want to be the favorite deliverer in the Netherlands by delivering special moments every day. Our employees come first and we put our customers central. We are always looking for ways to do even better. And we need you for that! Your main challenge is to make PostNL even more data and insight driven then we currently are. This is necessary to make the entire company work much smarter and thus make the digital strategy a success. Gaining insights based on analytics is a challenge in itself, but actually implementing Algorithms and data-driven methods is the real challenge that has already been undertaken by PostNL. If we want to achieve this, then all levels within PostNL will have to understand what insight-driven work entails and can mean.
Wat breng jij mee?
- Academic work & thinking level (WO);
- Proven background in a strong quantitative, analytical direction (business analytics, data science, econometrics, (applied) mathematics, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge and experience with the use of advanced analytics tools, big data tools, machine learning, statistics, modeling, optimization, operational research and the development of heuristics;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Multi-level communication and knowledge sharing skills;
- Strong affinity with the business (understands what drives the business and where the opportunities lie for the business), has domain knowledge and is able to translate the business needs into an analytical approach;
- Experience in managing a highly trained team;
- Leading and driving innovations in the field of data & analytics within PostNL.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- A salary of a maximum of € 7,532 gross per month (scale 13 of our Collective Labor Agreement) for 37 hours per week;
- 8% holiday pay and 25 holiday days if you work full-time;
- Collective health insurance and a competitive pension scheme via our own PostNL pension fund;
- Good internal training and development opportunities;
- Discount on bicycles, electronics, clothing, sports, days out and holidays; Read more about our attractive terms of employment here;
- Laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs/home-office.
- Great office location in The Hague with outstanding public transport accessibility - Due to COVID-rulings, office workers are currently working from home;
- Independence and freedom to perform your job;
- Pleasant, informal working environment amongst motivated colleagues.
For this position you must reside in the Netherlands and be in possession of the necessary work permits. Excellent English is required and Dutch (B2 level) is a real asset.
We look forward to receiving your application by means of CV and short motivation. Closing date is May 13th 2021.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs and who you love. We are just looking for great talent.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!