We are looking for an inspiring Head of Strategy and Innovation to help us expand our business, someone that feels proud when tangible strategic improvements are achieved and strives to improve the strategic capabilities of the organization. The successful candidate will have a strong vision on strategy development and how to achieve profitable and sustainable growth. You are able to translate this vision into execution on both strategic and tactical levels. We want you to inspire your stakeholders and make them feel comfortable about decision making on emerging strategic matters driven by your team’s insights.
One of your skills is ‘conceptual thinking’, an attitude to lead and direct the innovation process leading to clever, integrated and executable (major change) initiatives. Your challenge is to lead and direct the innovation process and drive innovation as a mindset across the organization.
You guide the Strategy & Innovation team (approx. 5 fte) to improve their skills and capabilities regarding strategy management and other related subjects and you help them deliver high quality work that delivers the insights requested by your stakeholders.
In this job you report to the Director Strategy of the Strategy department within Cross Border Solutions (CBS), the business unit of PostNL which provides international delivery solutions to businesses worldwide.
The Strategy department is a coordinating body at the heart of CBS, developing and implementing strategies that satisfy the objectives of individual departments as well as promoting the overall goals of CBS. Our key responsibility is to help determine the future direction of CBS by looking at existing business performance and examining the profitability, threats and opportunities of CBS. Additionally, the Strategy department also observes market developments, follows new attractive growth segments and evaluates whether to enter those new segments via a green field strategy or through mergers and/ or acquisitions.
Another important role for the Strategy department is to ensure successful execution of the strategy. This means we monitor the implementation to ensure it is running smoothly. Although implementation takes place in the business, the Strategy department works closely with solution owners/ supply chain owners and subject matter experts to establish milestones and long-term goals and monitors these to ensure the objectives are achieved.
As a Growth Driver, you drive growth and innovation as a mindset across the organization. You independently lead and direct strategy development in close cooperation with MT members and general managers from the CBS countries. You direct and execute the initiation, scoping, planning, implementation, control and closing of strategy projects. Together you ensure high quality deliverables, leading to actionable initiatives regarding business growth as well as operational excellence.
You act as a Trusted Advisor leading and directing large and complex strategic cases to accomplish main business objectives. You ensure delivery of data-driven insights to assist actionable strategic direction, strategic communication and corporate prioritization. You help find proper solutions to unique and complex problems that may have a broad impact on the business. Together with the managers of the Commercial Product Owners and Supply Chain Owners you form multidisciplinary/Agile teams to achieve these objectives.
As a Strategy Champion, you evaluate industry trends, customer needs, expansion opportunities, competitive threats and internal performance. As well prepare strategic frameworks, business analysis and storylines to guide strategic management discussions in order to achieve strategic KPI’s like e.g. value of business won (or defended), success rate of strategic initiatives and strategic cases.
Wat breng jij mee?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least 5 years relevant work experience in strategy & innovation (e.g. as strategy consultant, corporate strategy department and/or business development). As well as strong managerial experience;
- Able to develop and direct innovation throughout the organization;
- Proficient at working on various cases at a time, as well as structuring complex business problems and explaining these to others in a logical manner. Including talent to deliver “story-telling” and senior (management) presentations;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of another European language is a plus;
- Interpersonal skills, including: communication, problem-solving, conceptual thinking and analysis.
Wat bieden wij jou?
- A challenging position within an professional, dynamic and international organization in a fast-growing e-commerce market;
- Flexibility and freedom to perform your job;
- Great location. Office building is situated at the Beatrix quarter in The Hague with an amazing view over the city and outstanding accessibility via public transport;
- A very competitive salary and excellent benefits package, based on the PostNL Collective Labour Agreement. Salary indication level 13 based on 39,25 hours a week with a gross monthly salary of € 5,028 up to € 7,486. Salary to be determined based on pertinent work experience and knowledge;
- A welcoming and inclusive environment; with enthusiastic and motivated colleague and extensive self-development opportunities.
Please note that you can apply for this position until September 28, 2018.
We will make a candidate selection on October 2, 2018 and thereafter contact all applicants to advise on the status of their applications.
The 1st job interviews are planned for October 5, 2018 from 9am to 5 pm. The 2nd job interviews are planned for October 17, 2018 from 10.00 am to 12.30pm. Please make sure you are available on these date. Note that all job interviews will be conducted on these dates and it may not be possible to reschedule your appointment.
A Declaration on Behavior (VOG) and reference check are part of the selection process. Please note that in order to qualify, you must have relevant and valid working entitlements (visa/work permit) and you must currently reside in The Netherlands.
Klik hier voor onze interim opdrachten