We are looking for a Junior International Partnership Manager with a passion for networking. The successful candidate will support the procurement of our distribution network regarding e.g. parcels and packets via commercial and postal solutions. Including distribution partners and if required transport via air, road and sea. You help realize and maintain the procurement policy, which must align with PostNL’s intercompany policy. You are involved in the development of good relationships with internal and external stakeholders throughout the distribution chains. Your goal is to obtain all relevant information to enable the International Partnership Team (including yourself) achieve the most optimal procurement of required services.
In this job you are part of a driven team and report to the Manager International Partnership of the Distribution and Linehaul department within CBS. We are part of CBS, the business unit of PostNL which provides international delivery solutions to businesses worldwide. CBS makes it easy for people and businesses to communicate and trade across international boundaries. CBS aims to become the most respected service provider by supporting the cross-border e-commerce market through creative and innovative distribution solutions. Serving business over 190 countries with 13 offices worldwide and circa 1,200 employees. We at CBS are agile, customer focused and reliable. Our Central Management Team and supporting departments are located at PostNL’s offices in The Hague and Hoofddorp (the Netherlands).
You serve as a relation and escalation manager between internal stakeholders, partners and suppliers. You provide support thorough negotiations by supporting the executing departments to ensure smooth operational handling; ensuring the product specifications are realized and the best cost-value proposition is being procured.
Within the agreements you focus on all legal and tax matters e.g. liability and best-cost value, enabling the required quality at the lowest cost. As well as provision of clearly defined Service Level Agreements and optimization of relationships with partners e.g. last mile delivery, airlines and freight forwarders.
Regarding result areas:
You support complex negotiations with all partners throughout the chain. As well as the Spring countries in order to ensure compliance with company policy and legal requirements. While standardizing the documentation required for procuring (e.g. contracts, SLA, General Terms & Conditions etc.).
You frequently evaluate the delivered service, quality and cost of the procured service by obtaining information from relevant internal and external stakeholders. While ensuring the rates and conditions are secured in the appropriate systems.
You serve as escalation point for internal stakeholders when contracted services are not met and take the lead in corrective actions with suppliers.
Reporting and monitoring
You pro-actively and upon request provide information/recommendations to Senior, Corporate Management and Finance Business Control & FA, such as pricing/feasibility studies and development of market knowledge.
Wat breng jij mee?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- At least 3 years relevant work experience at required level within an international environment;
- Knowledge of negotiation and tender processes and international logistics and/or cross-border logistics. Knowledge of custom clearance procedures is a plus;
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of another european language is a plus;
- Interpersonal skills, including: persuasiveness, communication, customer oriented, entrepreneurial, problem-solving, diplomacy and Out of the box thinking.
Wat bieden wij jou?
- A challenging position within an professional, dynamic and international organization in a fast-growing market;
- Flexibility and freedom to perform your job, working where and when you want. Results are more important than a 9 to 5 mentality;
- Great location. Office building is situated at the Beatrix quarter in The Hague with an amazing view over the city and outstanding accessibility via public transport;
- A very competitive salary and excellent benefits package, based on the PostNL Collective Labour Agreement. Salary indication level 10 based on 39,25 hours a week with a gross monthly salary of € 3,453 up to € 4,759. Salary to be determined based on pertinent work experience and knowledge;
- A welcoming and inclusive environment; with enthusiastic and motivated colleague and extensive self-development opportunities.
Please note that you can apply for this position until August 17, 2018.
We will make a candidate selection on August 21, 2018 and thereafter contact all applicants to advise on the status of their applications.
The 1st job interviews are planned for August 23 from 9am to 5 pm. The 2nd job interviews are planned for August 27 from 10pm to 12pm. Please make sure you are available on these date. Note that all job interviews will be conducted on these date and it may not be possible to reschedule your appointment.
A Declaration on Behavior (VOG) and reference check are part of the selection process.
Klik hier voor onze interim opdrachten