Wat ga je doen?
What is this job about?
As International Postal Contract Manager you'll work as part of a global team with a dynamic set of responsibilities. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in multiple locations. Your challenge is to understand the remuneration data and models (based on the Universal Postal Union terminal dues system) used in different multi-/bilateral agreements. As well as to draft proposals and prepare business scenarios and models that enable your colleagues and eventually yourself to lead successful international postal contract negotiations.
These agreements have a high financial impact and are very complex and diverse. You will need a lot of creativity, a very analytical and numerical intellect and a commercial mindset. We assume you will have your hands full the first year getting to know and master the fundamental principles of these agreements (e.g. understanding how the price models work and more importantly why) and all possible variations and models applicable. Therefore you will work on (bilateral) agreements while receiving sufficient guidance from your team. You are part of the ambitious Distribution and Linehaul department within the Supply Chain of PostNL Cross Border Solutions (CBS). The business unit that provides international delivery solutions to businesses worldwide.
We want to be the favorite logistics company in the Netherlands by delivering special moments every day. Our employees and customers are key. We are always looking for ways to be better. As a result, we need you to draft the best terms for PostNL while balancing multiple variables regarding cost and pricing, divergent interests, cultural differences and a large number of applicable technicalities from both sides.
Wat breng jij mee?
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in economics / econometrics) and a minimum 3 years related work experience within an international environment.
- Because these agreements are based on complex economical business models, experience and affinity with numbers, advance Excel knowledge and superior analytical skills is a must.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
You are able to work independently on high-risk, complex, time sensitive agreements through a focused and conscientious approach. You are inquisitive and able to keep a helicopter view regarding all agreements and their organizational impact.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Flexibility and freedom to perform your job in and outside the office.
- Great office location in The Hague with outstanding accessibility.
- Room for growth within the organization and for personal development through our own PostNL online learning platform.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3.900 and € 5.600 (level 11 of the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement) based on 39,25 hours a week.
We support our people with a motivating work environment and enthusiastic colleagues, a commitment to promoting from within and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. This position is a rewarding opportunity that allows you to develop professionally while working in a department that offers recognition for those who perform. You truly are in control your own destiny.
We’d love to hear from you. Apply today with your resume and cover letter. The closing date for this vacancy is November 1, 2019 at 5 p.m. Thereafter we will advise you on the status of your application.
The first job interviews are planned at The Hague office for November 7 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please make sure you are available on these dates. Should this not be the case, kindly let us know in advance.
For questions, please contact Yadira van der Ende, Corporate Recruiter with a Whatsapp message at 06 824 89 935.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!