Vacature Lead Cloud Engineer (ENG)
- Den Haag
- IT - software development
- Geplaatst op 15-2-2023
Heb je vragen over deze vacature? Bel me gerust, of stuur me een bericht via e-mail of WhatsApp.
stuur een mail
Wat ga je doen?
The CCoE (Cloud Center of Excellence) at PostNL plays a crucial role in the company's cloud strategy, governance, and best practices. Our core mission is to free our development teams from the concerns of generic platform deployment and governance, so that they can focus on maximizing the benefits of the AWS cloud. Our goal is to accelerate the adoption of AWS cloud native and serverless design principles within the organization, to ensure that PostNL can extend her leading position on the logistic market of the Benelux.
As part of our mission, we drive innovation and business agility for the PostNL engineering community. We enable our teams to build high-quality, cost-efficient cloud native solutions that are tailored to meet the needs of our customers. We provide a safe, AWS landing zone for serverless and cloud native workloads, where teams can develop their applications and functionalities and experiment with the latest AWS services. In addition, we facilitate knowledge sharing among teams, so that they can build, innovate, and own cloud solutions and deliver maximum customer value.
As a lead engineer, you will serve as the driving force behind the technological advancement of our development team. Your role is essential in helping us achieve our goal of providing high-quality, cost-efficient cloud services to our customers – the engineering teams. Your responsibilities will include making strategic decisions about the development of AWS Serverless components, shaping the solution architecture, implementing microservices, and overseeing CI/CD processes. In addition to your technical expertise, you will also act as a mentor, providing guidance and support to engineers both within and outside of the team, fostering a culture of growth and development.
While collaborating with your team, you will ensure a positive, safe working atmosphere by establishing and adhering to agreed-upon foundations and guidelines. We set ambitious standards for responsibility and in return, you will have the freedom to lead and drive change within our organization. With your leadership and technical skills, you will significantly impact the technology direction of our organization. Join us and be part of the team that is pushing the boundaries of innovation and technology at PostNL.
For 220 years PostNL has been able to move with the market and even stay one step ahead. Together we deliver on average more than 1.1 million parcels a day. Our goal: to remain the preferred delivery company in the Netherlands. We believe that being at the forefront of technology and the use of logistic intelligence helps us achieve this. Therefore, you will engage with teams developing through CI/CD real-time operating systems, implementing advanced applications of IoT, AI and data science. We always try to design solutions that leverage AWS native services where possible. In your role as lead developer, we encourage you to be both creative, open and critical.
Wat breng jij mee?
As a Lead Cloud Engineer, you have a passion for technology and the ability and desire to inspire others. With a background as a lead engineer, you gained experience in DevOps teams and collaborating with stakeholders to achieve shared goals. You have a proven record of accomplishment in designing, building, and improving cloud systems. You take a visionary approach in leveraging cloud technology to help us maintain our position as the leading delivery company in the Benelux.
In addition, you have:
- Experience in designing cloud-native microservices architecture, integrating and connecting adjacent application domains;
- Your deep understanding of the AWS native services, allow you to maximize the potential of our engineering community in building scalable and resilient systems;
- Indepth knowledge of: AWS Well Architected Framework, CDK, TypeScript, Python, NodeJS, AWS IAM & security.
- Relevant and current AWS certifications
- You have a track record in mission-critical IT environments;
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- This position is on scale 12 or 13, depending on your level, with a maximum gross monthly salary of EUR 7.800,-
- Part- or fulltime position 32 till 37 hours with view to permanent contract;
- Great benefits including 25 vacation days and 8% holiday pay and attractive Pension benefits;
- A dynamic, flexible and entrepreneurial environment with an innovative and collaborative PostNL team, and external suppliers creating value to the platform;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example as technical lead or skills diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development and specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training in the PostNL learning environment, content driven and knowledge sharing sessions;
- Office location: Easy Public Transport commute to our PostNL office in the Hague;
- Engineering laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!