Wat ga je doen?
E-commerce logistics is evolving rapidly. Data and algorithms predict what customers order and where it should be delivered. Now that digital limitations are fading, the need for customer insights within the e-commerce sector is growing significantly. Data Solutions is the data expertise center within PostNL for smart data solutions that help our e-commerce clients to optimize their supply chain.
Within the department we have the ambitious goal to harness huge amounts of data, such as commercial, sorting and demographical data, for commercial use in APIs and also become market leader in this field. The solutions we develop are fully designed using AWS serverless components.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer you provide technical direction to an AWS DevOps team that builds smart data solutions for the e-commerce sector. You make use of the latest technologies and are actively involved in how we can embed upcoming technologies. The department consists of approximately 20 colleagues, such as Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, Data Scientists, and Enterprise Architect and a Scrum Master.
- You provide technical direction to a DevOps team where you make substantive technical decisions and act as a mentor/coach for the other developers;
- You take on several use-cases en look for answers for complex matters with a focus on customer solution and the architecture;
- You also help develop the technical solutions, which are developed using Python within an AWS-native, serverless environment;
- You collaborate closely with Product Owners, Architects, Data Scientists and other stakeholders in order to implement data solutions according to a CI/CD approach;
- You make sure there is close interaction between team members and important commercial users.
We want to be the favorite logistics company by delivering special moments every day. Our employees and customers are key. We always look for ways to improve. And we need you doing that. You will lead the DevOps team from a technical perspective in implementing improvements and Cloud Native innovations. Due to your knowledge, ambition and future oriented mindset you will work with us to accomplish a cutting edge IT infrastructure and improvements of the daily delivery of our data solutions.
Wat breng jij mee?
- Higher education or equivalent ability;
- Multiple years of experience as a senior developer within a Cloud environment where mentorship is key;
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud environments, preferably AWS (Serverless);
- Broad knowledge and experience with Python;
- Broad experience with analyzing business processes, designing and building data oriented software solutions;
- Experience with databases, APIs and Build-Test-Deploy automations: CI/CD piplines. Such as CodePipeline, CodeCommit, Codebuild;
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum working environment;
- Currently resident in the Netherlands and if required, in possession of the necessary work permits;
- Dutch language proficiency (at least B1 level) or commitment to learn.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Competitive salary, based on experience and the talent you bring to the table, between € 4.460 and max € 7.607 (salary scale 12/13) based on 37 hours per week and in accordance with the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement;
- Part- or fulltime position 32 till 37 hours with view to permanent contract;
- Annual 8% holiday pay and 25 vacation days by fulltime contract;
- A range of secondary benefits including collective Health insurance and attractive Pension scheme via our own Pension fund;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development of your specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training;
- Office location: Easy Public Transport commute to our PostNL office in the Hague;
- Engineering laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs and the posibility for a homework allowance.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!