Wat ga je doen?
You will work within the IT Packages and Logistics department where all our logistics software data processes, models and algorithms are developed and managed. As Lead DevOps Engineer IoT & Big Data, you will ensure that we unlock the Internet of Things data from our roller containers in such a way that we can extract maximum value from it. This includes feeding the Chain Control Tower with real-time data but also unlocking this data to our packaging planners, and customers. We already have a lot of data from our retail locations, sorting machines and journeys, but we are now also equipping every roll container with an IoT tracker to be able to follow its location and use in real time. We are implementing GraphQL as one of the first companies in the Netherlands to be able to share this real-time data in a scalable way. With this, we have all real-time data readily available and can unlock it to all relevant parties and operational processes, and use it in smart applications that can further optimize our supply chain.
We need your help with:
- Realizing use cases and finding answers to complex issues related to customer solutions and the technical architecture in consultation with team members and users
- Provide direction to the DevOps team where you take substantive technical decisions and act as a mentor/coach for the Developers;
- Co-building in the technical solutions made in Java on AWS-native, serverless services, among others;
- Working closely with Product Owners, Architects, Data Specialists and stakeholders in implementing data solutions according to the CI/CD methodology.
- Ensuring optimal scalability using AWS Cloud technology;
- Expand and advance our engineering culture;
- Working closely with various Scrum teams, platforms, stakeholders, supply chain partners and vendors.
We want to be the favorite delivery company in the Netherlands by delivering special moments every day. Our employees come first and our customers come first. We are always looking for ways to do things even better and digitally we make the difference. And that's where we need you. As Lead Container Tracker you are an important link in our transition to self-engineering. We are going to design and build all our logistics business processes in a Cloud-native way so that from IT we deliver great added value to the business and therefore to our customers.
Wat breng jij mee?
- Higher education or University background;
- Background in ICT, if you already have experience in ICT within a logistics company then that is a plus.
- Experience in various programming languages such as Java and Python (preference). Knowledge and experience with IOT within an AWS Cloud Native environment is a plus.
- Stakeholder management has no secrets for you.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- A salary of minimum €4.416 to maximum €7.532 gross per month (scale 12/13) at 37 hours per week;
- 8% vacation pay and 25 days of vacation if you work fulltime;
- Collective health insurance and a good pension plan through our own PostNL pension fund;
- Good internal training and development opportunities;
- Discounts on bikes, electronics, clothing, sports, days out and vacations;
- A contribution towards your travel expenses, laptop and smartphone;
- Work where and when you want;
- Independence and freedom to perform your duties;
- Pleasant, informal work environment and motivated colleagues.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application by means of your CV and motivation.
PostNL wants to be everyone's favorite delivery company. So everyone is welcome and it doesn't matter where you were born, what you believe in or who you love. What matters to us is your unique talent.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!