Wat ga je doen?
At PostNL our business unit “Cross Border Solutions” (CBS) makes it easy for people and businesses to communicate and trade across international boundaries. CBS aims to become the most respected service provider by supporting the cross-border e-commerce market through creative and innovative distribution solutions. In this business unit we have 13 offices worldwide with 1.200 employees, being agile, customer focused and reliable. CBS serves customers over 190 countries.
The team and environment:
What is your role?
From an engineering point of view we have an interesting challenge with a “greenfield” situation. As our Lead Software Engineer you will be leading in deciding about the technical strategy for the Platform. This means you will be advising about software platform architecture and the tech stack to use, which will based on Typescript and AWS. Together with the Platform Owner you will determine the application roadmap, translate that into technical implementation and lead the development. Today part of the development is still outsourced to a third-party, but our goal is to expand our own engineering capability. After you have joined us, we will recruit more new engineers and grow your team together. You will lead the engineering team for our Event Management Platform, from a technical and functional point of view. Hierarchically the team members report to the Platform Owner. You will be responsible for development, testing, stability, scalability, integrations, security, innovation and automation. In your growing team you will coach and guide your team members, but you will also keep on pushing the buttons yourself. There will be strong collaboration with other software platforms with close connection the Event Management Platform, sitting in our international Logistics domain. We will also welcome you in our Engineering Community. Here you will be supported to design cross-company IT best practices and innovate our business at PostNL (10% innovation time arrangement).
- Further development of the Event management platform and leading the development of new applications;
- Grow in self-engineering by in-house development and expansion of our engineering capabilities.
Wat breng jij mee?
- First of all you are a strong full stack software engineer who likes to create a brand new platform that will be mission critical for PostNL;
- In case you like to work in quite “start-up” dynamics, but with the facilities, support and stability of a mature and arrived company, you are at the right place;
- For this role you need to be self-supportive, with a hands-on approach, as we are slowly growing your team, we need you to lead and always keep connected to the engineering yourself;
- You like coaching and teaching other software engineers;
- We would appreciate your entrepreneurship and urge to take initiative in this role;
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a big plus;
- You know how to create great applications using (Serverless) building blocks from AWS;
- Your solid engineering skills are covering a tech stack like:
- IaC tool (like AWS or CDK)
- Frontend Framework (like React)
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- This position is on scale 12 with a gross monthly salary between Eur. 4.505,- and Eur. 6.550,-
- Our full-time working week is 37 hours;
- We will offer you an environment in which you can work with, and learn more about the latest state of the art AWS technologies;
- We are growing our agile teams where you will have the freedom to take ownership in growing with and as a team. You and your fellow team members, shape the way you collaborate, continuously learn and grow with a shot of daily fun, challenging puzzles to solve while moving the needle. Obviously, that comes with the support of an experience team coach;
- You can use flexible working hours to determine an optimal work / private balance. We place great value on your vitality;
- Hybrid way of working, enabling you to partly work from home (max. 50%) and from our brand new office head office, just in 5 minutes’ walk from station Den Haag – Holland Spoor.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!