Wat ga je doen?
What is this job about?
PostNL is becoming a postal tech company. As a Lead Software Engineer you are the technology lead of a multi-disciplinary Business-IT team. PostNL agile teams are self-steering, take end-to-end responsibility for our value chain and are in direct contact with customers. You will also contribute to expand and mature PostNL's engineering best practices. You will be taking on various use cases, as well as finding answers to business process and architectural challenges. This requires a deep understanding of the trade-offs of monolithic versus micro services and application stacks and their cloud operating models. PostNL keeps customers moving forward by continuous adding improved ‘decision intelligence’ to their logistic solutions: software defined logistics. These solutions are natively developed in our AWS cloud (serverless) and Mobile on Android.
We want to be the favorite logistics company by delivering special moments every day. Our employees and customers are key. We are always looking to improve our selves and for ways to differentiate with our IT capabilities. We need your ‘Can do mentality’ and technology leadership to reach the next level. .
Wat breng jij mee?
What we are looking for
- Professional and intellectual capacities at the academic education level;
- At least 8 years’ experience in analyzing business processes, designing and building data-driven software solutions;
- Specific knowledge and experience in AWS Cloud;
- Build-Test-Deploy automation: CI/CD pipelines, e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, Octopus;
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment;
- Currently resident in the Netherlands near The Haque and in possession of the necessary work permits;
- Dutch language (at least B1 level) or commitment to learn;
- Available for at least 32 business hours per week and at least 3 days working at the PostNL office in the Hague.
By being self-starting and self-organizing and taking ownership your ideas become reality; You build it, you own it, you run it. Thinking about possible innovations, taking into account the most optimal use and application of the technical aspects while actively promoting close collaboration with team members and various external parties.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Competitive salary based on experience and the talent you bring to the table. Salary € 4.264 till maximum € 7.274 (salary scale 12/13) based on fulltime and in accordance with the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement;
- Part- or fulltime position 32 till 37 hours with view to permanent contract;
- Great benefits including 25 vacation days and 8% holiday pay and attractive Pension benefits;
- A dynamic, flexible and entrepreneurial environment with an innovative and collaborative PostNL team, and external suppliers creating value to the platform;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example as technical lead or skills diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development and specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training in the PostNL learning environment, content driven and knowledge sharing sessions;
- Office location: Easy Public Transport commute to our PostNL office in the Hague;
- Engineering laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs.
- We look forward to receiving your application by means of CV and motivation.
- PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are just looking for great talent.
- A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!