Wat ga je doen?
What is your role?
As our Lead Software Engineer you will be leading in deciding about the technical strategy for the Platform and your development team. In your team you will find software engineers, a solution consultant and a product owner. This means you will be advising about the use of AWS Serverless components, solution architecture, microservices and CI/CD. In addition you will act as a mentor for the engineers in your team. As a Lead Software Engineer you will have major impact on the technical transformation in our company. Since we have several mission critical development teams together we will explore what would be the best matching team and position for you.
Ever since we started our business more than two centuries ago we have been able to disrupt the market and act as a front-runner with technical innovation. Our goal: to keep on being the preferred Deliverer in the Benelux and we believe that technical innovation and logistic intelligence will help us doing so. That is why we work with real-time control systems and applications based on IoT, AI , Machine Learning and seamless CI/CD. Everything we develop is based on AWS Serverless solutions. Your knowledge, insights and efforts as a Lead Software Engineer are crucial to reach our goals.
Wat breng jij mee?
You are passionate about technology, totally in for Serverless infrastructure and an advocate when it comes to microservices architecture. With your enthusiasm you are able to inspire others. In your role as Lead engineer you know how to collaborate within your team and with stakeholders in other parts of the company. You love to apply your knowledge and skills in designing, developing and improving technical application in our logistical tech domain. We trust you to grow and share your vision about how we will keep on being the favourite deliverer in The Benelux.
In summary you can find yourself in the following background:
- Experience in a similar lead role in a mission critical IT-tech environment;
- Knowledge of and experience in designing cloud-native microservices architecture and integrating all the other relevant application domains;
- Ability to use the maximum capability of all (Serverless) building blocks from AWS;
- Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
In PostNL we find ourselves in a unique moment of time in which we see lots of greenfield situations. We are ambitious in our Supply Chain Management business, but we stand together as a team to make it happen. Together with your direct team members, IT-professionals with various specialties from other business and with our whole IT Community we transform PostNL into a true Tech company. Your personal development is essential for us and we will stimulate you to grow and facilitate you with the necessary growth opportunities.
Next to this we will offer you:
- This position is on scale 12 or 13, depending on your level, with a gross monthly salary between Eur. 5.000,- and Eur. 7.750,-
- Our full-time working week is 37 hours;
- We will offer you an environment in which you can work with, and learn more about the latest state of the art AWS technologies;
- We are growing our agile teams where you will have the freedom to take ownership in growing with and as a team. You and your fellow team members, shape the way you collaborate, continuously learn and grow with a shot of daily fun and challenging puzzles;
- We boost the autonomy of our development (Scrum) teams in our innovative business unit of Parcels & Logistics. Autonomy for Scrum teams means faster feature development;
- You can use flexible working hours to determine an optimal work / private balance. We place great value on your vitality;
- Hybrid way of working, enabling you to partly work from home (max. 50%) and from our brand new office head office, just in 5 minutes’ walk from station Den Haag – Holland Spoor.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!