Wat ga je doen?
You will join the IT department of Parcels and Logistics where all our logistics software data processes, models and algorithms run. The goal of the department is to support improved forecasting, insight and decisions so that we can achieve excellent logistics and maximum customer satisfaction.
Within PostNL, we want to optimally plan and control our supply chain. Here, chain-wide control of all planning in the process chain (collection, sorting, transshipment and distribution) is of great importance. The e-commerce packages we deliver are placed for delivery until late in the evening. This means that the exact input for our operational process chain is not available until our manpower, sorting and trip schedules have long been made.
This is why we pay a lot of attention to prediction models, but our planning models are also crucial. They have to lead to efficient results, but also have to be robust to deviations in the package supply and remain usable during operational disruptions.
As Lead Developer Supply Chain Planning, you will develop the best plan models for our chain with a multidisciplinary team of business and data specialists.
Your tasks will include:
- Provide direction to the DevOps team, taking substantive technical decisions and acting as a mentor/coach to the Developers;
- You take on various use cases and seek answers to complex issues relating to customer solutions and the architecture;
- Co-building technical solutions made in, among others, Python, PySpark on AWS-native, serverless services;
- Working closely with Product Owners, Architects, Data Specialists and stakeholders in implementing data solutions according to the CI/CD method.
- Ensuring optimal scalability using AWS Cloud technology;
- Expanding and advancing our engineering culture;
- Working closely with different Scrum teams, platforms, stakeholders, supply chain partners, and suppliers;
- Ensuring close interaction with team members and key business users.
We want to be the favorite delivery company in the Netherlands by delivering special moments every day. Our employees come first and our customers come first. We are always looking for ways to do things even better and digitally we make the difference. And that's where we need you. As Lead Container Tracker you are an important link in our transition to self-engineering. We are going to design and build all our logistics business processes in a Cloud-native way so that from IT we deliver great added value to the business and therefore to our customers.
Wat breng jij mee?
- Higher education or University background;
- Background in ICT, if you already have experience in ICT within a logistics company then that is a plus.
- Experience in various programming languages such as Java and Python (preference). Knowledge and experience with IOT within an AWS Cloud Native environment is a plus.
- Stakeholder management has no secrets for you.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- A salary of minimum €4.416 to maximum €7.532 gross per month (scale 12/13) at 37 hours per week;
- 8% vacation pay and 25 days of vacation if you work fulltime;
- Collective health insurance and a good pension plan through our own PostNL pension fund;
- Good internal training and development opportunities;
- Discounts on bikes, electronics, clothing, sports, days out and vacations;
- A contribution towards your travel expenses, laptop and smartphone;
- Work where and when you want;
- Independence and freedom to perform your duties;
- Pleasant, informal work environment and motivated colleagues.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application by means of your CV and motivation.
PostNL wants to be everyone's favorite delivery company. So everyone is welcome and it doesn't matter where you were born, what you believe in or who you love. What matters to us is your unique talent.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!