Wat ga je doen?
What are you going to do?
As a Machine Learning Operations Engineer you are responsible for the industrialization of (machine learning) algorithms, the optimal performance of the algorithms in production, and the further development of algorithms in production. In addition, you also realize tooling and qualitative standards for maintaining algorithms during their life cycles and train employees to use them. The area of work, Machine Learning Operations, is a new and emerging area of work within Data Science, which means that a lot is still under development in terms of standards and tooling. You will have the opportunity to be part of this innovative journey and to continue to grow in it.
Within various projects you represent the team as a ML Ops expert and you advise on opportunities and risks. You know how to independently implement and communicate the chosen solution. Together with the ML Ops team, you (pro)actively think about improvements that make our customers happy in order to bring our services to a higher level.
The ML Ops team focuses on automating algorithms for all different business units within PostNL and on further professionalizing this service. The algorithms under the responsibility of the ML Ops team contribute to decision-making within critical business processes with consequences for risk reduction and revenue if these do not function. In addition, the ML Ops team takes an active role in sharing and disseminating this expertise to other groups in order to maintain high standards for the quality of algorithms in production.
PostNL is well on its way to applying self-engineering in more and more domains. We do this on the basis of the AWS cloud platform. In addition, we are now taking the first steps to develop a dedicated platform for algorithm industrializations. Together with the ML Ops team you are responsible for the correct and full use of the current and future platform.
We want to be the favorite deliverer in the Netherlands by delivering special moments every day. Our employees come first and our customers are our main focus. We are always looking for ways to do even better. And we need you for that. Because of you, we are able to get the best out of our algorithms and ensure a better service from PostNL.
Wat breng jij mee?
What do you bring?
• Bachelor or Master degree knowledge and capability
• You have 3-5 years of relevant work experience and can start projects independently.
• Background in ML engineering, data science, software engineering and/or application management
• Knowledge of the correct deployment of Cloud services, preferably in AWS
• Social skills for consulting, coordinating and communicating with the departments involved.
• Analytical skills for determining the impact of changes, innovations and solving structural problems.
• Good written and communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch.
• Experience with Agile, Scrum and SAFE is a plus.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
What do we bring you?
• A salary of at least € 3,974 and a maximum of € 5,629 gross per month (scale 11) for 37 hours;
• 8% holiday pay and 25 days off if you work full-time;
• Collective health insurance and good pension through our own PostNL pension fund;
• Good internal training and development opportunities
• A contribution towards your travel expenses, laptop, smartphone and work at home allowance;
• Work whenever and wherever you want.
• A great office location in The Hague with excellent public transport accessibility;
• An informal and pleasant working environment;
PostNL wants to be the favorite deliverer for everyone. So everyone is welcome, no matter where you were born, what you believe in and who you love. We care about your unique talent.
Want to apply?
We look forward to your response to the vacancy. We would like to receive your CV and motivation for this position and our organization.
For questions about this vacancy, please contact Ostar Roozenbeek, Corporate Recruiter, on telephone number 06-47659171.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!