Wat ga je doen?
In our department called “Insights” we develop innovative cloud based solutions to process the unique and huge datasets we collect within PostNL. We create clean and structured data flows, industrialize machine learning models and develop end-to-end automated solutions. All solutions are serverless, with infrastructure as code and deployed through CI/CD. In this department, you will be joining the Data and Analytics Platform (DAP) team, which is the driving force behind the smart and effective use of Data, Analytics and modelling. A team of driven and passionate professionals guide PostNL's business with the most complex data challenges. To be able to fulfil our ambitions, we are developing a centralized data platform on AWS. Our data platform enables us to offer the best customer experience, in which data and industrialization of predictive modelling are used to optimize all customer interactions. In your role:
• You will perform ETL work, design and develop data pipelines on a daily basis. You determine the optimal data storage system based on the business/system requirements;
• You will develop applications, build infrastructure in various services of Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as Lambda, API Gateway, Glue, EventBridge;
• You will develop and maintain data science tools, including Sagemaker, virtual compute clusters with docker, and data visualization tools such as PowerBI and Quicksight;
• You will evaluate, rank and select technological components, such as software, hardware and network capabilities, for database management systems and application databases;
• You will write and fine-tune queries for performance and scalability;
• You will work closely with data scientists to implement scalable machine learning models in applications and model pipelines;
• You will build algorithms on modelling procedures and build and maintain scalable machine learning solutions in production;
• You will liaise with stakeholders to analyse business problems, clarify requirements and define the scope of the resolution needed;
• In a position of "Senior" Data Engineer you will also be expected to act as a coach in the growing team. You are also expected to take a coordinating role in the further development of team expertise, for instance in the field of security and TDD (Test Driven Development).
At PostNL, our purpose is to deliver special moments, and our ambition is to be “Your favourite deliverer”. We create a work environment in which employees have the opportunity to develop their skills and work with adequate tools, and together we deliver the best customer experience.
Wat breng jij mee?
• Higher education or academic background (HBO/WO) in Computer Science, Informatics, or demonstrably gained through experience;
• Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Software- or Data Engineer, working with (AWS) Cloud based Big Data or Machine Learning solutions;
• Experience in Python, SQL, Spark, API design, Git;
• Experience with AWS or other Cloud Services;
• Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases, such as AWS RDS, DynamoDB;
• Experience in Infrastructure as Code, working with (or in) a CI/CD DevOps team;
• Machine learning knowledge is preferred;
• Excellent communication skills, written and spoken in English;
• Understanding of Agile - Scrum methodology.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
• This position is on scale 11 with a gross monthly salary between Eur. 3.975,- and Eur. 5.625,-
• Our full-time working week is 37 hours;
• We will offer you an environment in which you can work with, and learn more about the latest state of the art AWS technologies;
• We are growing our agile teams where you will have the freedom to take ownership in growing with and as a team. You and your fellow team members, shape the way you collaborate, continuously learn and grow with a shot of daily fun, challenging puzzles to solve while moving the needle. Obviously, that comes with the support of an experience team coach;
• You can use flexible working hours to determine an optimal work / private balance. We place great value on your vitality;
• Hybrid way of working, enabling you to partly work from home (max. 50%) and from our brand new office head office, just in 5 minutes’ walk from station Den Haag – Holland Spoor.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!