Wat ga je doen?
As the backbone of the Dutch logistics infrastructure, PostNL is becoming a postal tech company. We are migrating legacy AWS systems towards greenfield serverless systems using Node.js, event driven architectures and serverless AWS components.
As Mission Critical AWS Engineer you are part of a multi-disciplinary BizDevOps team responsible for developing the Event Management Platform (EMP). This platform encompasses 100s of millions of logistic events, IoT observations and trends resulting from the 24*7 logistic processes within PostNL.
When exceptions occur in the logistic execution process, we course correct and guarantee fulfillment of our commercial promise. Our vital data powers critical services such as track & trace, rerouting and returning orders.
The Event Management Platform is always right, always on. At the core of PostNL’s new management platform we significantly improve the operational chain and create new revenue models and services for our customers.
- Apply knowledge of Git to manage GitOps for effective team code collaboration.
- Translate complex logistic business requirements into functional applications.
- Build observable systems with an SRE mindset and AWS operational skills like CloudWatch, X-Ray to measure, monitor, log, and improve systemperformance.
- Champion test driven design and development practices using Jest.
- Champion CI-CD best practices and transform towards a zero touch fully automated pipeline for existing and greenfield projects.
- Ensure excellent application responsiveness, fault tolerance, reliability and scalability with help of AWS cloud native resources for our greenfield projects.
- Provision AWS resources, with infrastructure as code, using CDK (TypeScript) and/or CloudFormation.
- Manage Kafka clusters, brokers, partitions to decouple event driven systems and build event triggers, connectors and sinks.
- Help PostNL improve on our Node.js application stack and open-source chapter.
- Support your peers and participate as a team member, master the skill of receiving and giving feedback or advice.
- Cope with change management and remote collaboration challenges with a smile and optimism.
The Champions League of logistics, that is our playing field. Our customers have high expectations of us – 24/7. As an organisation, we want to be everyone’s favourite parcel distributor. We reinforce this position by committing to software-defined logistics and building our own cloud native software engineering capability. As Mission Critical AWS Engineer at EMP, you drive this change every day.
Wat breng jij mee?
- At least 5 years software development experience as Node.js developer.
- Clean coding and knowledge of writing tests.
- Build-Test-Deploy automation experience: CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in building and maintaining high volume, mission critical cloud-based software solutions at internet scale.
- Experience in writing SLIs, SLOs for observability dashboards to monitor and measure software systems, preferably using AWS CloudWatch metrics.
- Strong knowledge of the catalogue of AWS cloud services such as S3, Lambda, ECS Fargate, CloudWatch, X-Ray, MSK, Kinesis, SNS, Eventbridge, SQS, DynamoDB, Route53, API Gateway.
- Knowledge of databases, such as relational, no-sql, document and graph databases etc. Knowledge of MongoDB and DynamoDB is required.
- Enjoys working in a team with a Lead Engineer, other Senior Engineers and Solution Consultants according to Agile/Scrum principles.
- Currently resident in the Netherlands and if required, in possession of the necessary work permits.
- Dutch language proficiency (at least B1 level) or strong commitment to learn.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Job security during COVID-19 crisis.
- Flexibilty with working from home, variable working hours etc.
- Dutch classes for non-Dutch speakers.
- The chance to work with top level open-source technology and tools, creating solutions with profound impact on everyone in the Benelux.
- Competitive salary based on experience and the talent you bring to the table. Between € 4.264 and max €6.201 (salary scale 11/12) based on 37 hours per week and in accordance with the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement.
- Close collaboration within the most innovative and fast-paced part of PostNL IT.
- A range of secondary benefits including collective health insurance and attractive pension scheme via our own pension fund.
- Professional growth opportunities, for example diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development of your specialism.
- Room for personal development through education and training.
- Engineering laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore, everyone is welcomed to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are simply looking for great talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!