Wat ga je doen?
What is this job about?
As Senior Advisor EU Public Affairs you follow the legislative developments and evaluate their impact on PostNL’s business. You actively influence your stakeholders to bring the content and process of new legislations in line with PostNL’s strategic targets. Therefore you reach out to policy makers and politicians to propose a direction (and changes) for draft legislation, while ensuring an alignment and alliances with other EU postal companies regarding both content and tactics. You also influence legislative developments by participating in and presenting at conferences and seminars about regulation.
We want to be the favorite logistics company in the Netherlands by delivering special moments every day. Our employees and customers are key. We are always looking for ways to be better. As a result, we need you position PostNL as a strong discussion partner for the EU institutions. Therefore you must use your experience in EU regulation and political processes.
Wat breng jij mee?
What are we looking for?
- a masters degree and about 5-10 year’s work experience in a similar role.
- excellent Dutch and English communication skills. Good knowledge of more European languages is highly preferred.
- knowledge of administration and politics, business strategy and economics; and experience applying this knowledge on an academic thinking level.
You are an analytical and creative thinker able to work independently. You can easily build and maintain work relationships based of trust and knowledge. As well as persuade the other party in a debate. This role requires a weekly presence in Brussels (75%) and The Hague (25%) plus ad-hoc travel within Europe on a monthly basis. You need all relevant and valid working entitlements and must currently reside in Brussels.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- the opportunity to have an impact within an intensively regulated environment with high value at stake while working autonomously in a challenging international market.
- flexibility and freedom to perform your job.
- room for growth within the organization and for personal development.
This position is a rewarding opportunity that allows you to influence the course of the company while working in an environment that offers recognition for those who perform.
To apply for this position please sent your resume and motivation to email@example.com and mention the name ‘Head of EU Affairs-Brussels’ in the subject. They will contact you thereafter to advise on the status of your application.
For questions, please contact David Webber at +31 2 725 00 04.
A Declaration on Behavior (VOG) and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!