Wat ga je doen?
PostNL is the number one e-commerce and postal logistics provider in the Netherlands. On a given weekday, PostNL delivers on average one million parcels and 6,5 million letters throughout the Benelux, connecting the physical and the digital world PostNL is doing a lot more than delivering mail and parcels. It helps business customers to be successful, for example, by providing support in direct and online marketing, robotized order processing, or temperature-controlled medical transport.
Digital transformation to be everyone's favourite deliverer
As an organisation, PostNL wants to be everyone’s favourite parcel and mail deliverer. As customer demands are increasing, we want to reinforce this position by accelerating the digitalization of their customer experience and their own logistic networks and processes, to ensure shipments are moved swiftly, efficiently and sustainably from collection, to sorting and to delivery.
As part of that innovation, PostNL is working closely with AWS on an asset tracking solution that uses AWS IoT, serverless, location, storage and analytics services. The strategy is to track, manage and optimize the usage of a quarter-million unique loading devices (ULDs) known as roller cages that are a critical component of the delivery network.
- Translating our complex logistic business processes and requirements regarding, for example; order management, planning, distribution and transport, into functional applications using reliable C# code;
- Ensuring the best possible application responsiveness and scalability with AWS;
- Active contribution regarding deployment of new techniques, improvements and the architecture;
- Helping PostNL improve and innovate on all our C# application stacks;
- Supporting your peers and participating as a team member.
We want to be the favorite logistics company by delivering special moments every day. Our employees and customers are key. We are always looking to improve ourselves and for ways to differentiate with our IT capabilities. As Senior C# Engineer you are an essential linking pin in our transition to self-engineering. To help achieve this we will design and build (cloud-native) our own logistic business processes so that from an IT perspective we add enormous value to the business consequently our customers.
Wat breng jij mee?
- At least 5 years software development experience as C# Developer, Programmer or Engineer;
- Experience in analyzing business processes, designing and building data-driven software solutions;
- Experience with different kind of databases: SQL, NoSQL or time series databases;
- Software development experience using AWS cloud services, preferably serverless components;
- Good understanding of algorithms, data-structures, design patterns;
- Passion for integrating automated testing within the development cycle;
- Build-Test-Deploy automation experience: CI/CD pipelines;
- Enjoys working according to Agile/Scrum principles;
- Currently resident in the Netherlands and if required, in possession of the necessary work permits;
- Dutch language proficiency (at least B1 level) or commitment to learn;
- Available for at least 32 business hours per week and at least 3 days working at the PostNL office in the Hague.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Competitive salary, based on experience and the talent you bring to the table, between € 4.416 and max €6.420 (salary scale 11/12) based on 37 hours per week and in accordance with the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement;
- Part- or fulltime position 32 till 37 hours with view to permanent contract;
- Annual 8% holiday pay and 25 vacation days by fulltime contract;
- A range of secondary benefits including collective Health insurance and attractive Pension scheme via our own Pension fund;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development of your specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training;
- Office location: Easy Public Transport commute to our PostNL office in the Hague;
- Engineering laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs and the posibility for a homework allowance.
Furthermore, this role provides you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic, flexible and innovative environment. You will work in close collaboration with various platforms within PostNL so that besides developing you have an arena to create new ideas and innovations. You are an important member of a team that has a great impact on our digital transformation. Continuous improvement, innovation and deployment of the latest (cloud) techniques are vital.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are simply looking for great talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!