Wat ga je doen?
What are you going to do?
You will be joining the Data and Analytics Platform (DAP) team at Insights department, which is the driving force behind the smart and effective use of Data, Analytics, reporting and modeling. A team of driven and passionate professionals guide PostNL's business with the most complex challenges. To be able to fulfill our ambitions, we are developing a centralized data platform on AWS. Our data platform enables us to offer the best customer experience, in which data and industrialization of algorithms predictive modeling are used to optimize the customer journeys and all customer interactions. The Insights department manages the PostNL Data Lake, the central place to which all data flows.
• You perform ETL work, design and develop data pipelines on a daily basis. You determine the optimal data storage system based on the business/system requirements.
• You develop applications, build infrastructure in various services of Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as Lambda, API Gateway, Glue, EventBridge, etc.
• You develop and maintain data science tools, including Sagemaker, virtual compute clusters with docker, and data visualization tools such as PowerBI and Quicksight.
• You evaluate, rank and select technological components, such as software, hardware and network capabilities, for database management systems and application databases.
• You write and fine-tune queries for performance and scalability.
• You work closely with data scientists to implement scalable machine learning models in applications and model pipelines.
•You build algorithms on modelling procedures and build and maintain scalable machine learning solutions in production.
•You liaise with stakeholders to analyse business problems, clarify requirements and define the scope of the resolution needed.
In the position of Senior Data Engineer you act as a coach in the team that is in full development. You are also expected to take a coordinating role in the further development of areas of expertise, such as security, TDD(test driven development).
At PostNL, our purpose is to deliver special moments, and our ambition is to be “Your favourite deliverer”. We create a work environment in which employees have the opportunity to develop their skills and work with adequate tools, and together we deliver the best customer experience. Here, we develop innovative cloud solutions to process the unique and huge datasets we collect within PostNL. We create clean and structured data flows, industrialize machine learning models and develop end-to-end automated solutions. All solutions are serverless, infrastructure as code and deployed through CI/CD.
Wat breng jij mee?
What do you bring?
• Higher education or academic background (HBO/WO) in Computer Science, Informatics, or demonstrably gained through experience;
• Minimum of 3 years of working experience in a related field of big data, cloud applications and programming;
• Experience in Python, SQL, Spark, API design, Git;
• Experience with AWS or other Cloud Services;
• Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases, such as AWS RDS, DynamoDB;
• Experience in Infrastructure as Code, working in CI/CD DevOps team;
• Machine learning knowledge is preferred;
• Excellent communication skills, written and spoken in English;
• Understanding of Agile - Scrum methodology;
• Enjoy to teach and share knowledge.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
What do we deliver to you?
• A salary of min. € 3,974 and max. € 5,629 (salary scale 11*) gross per month for 37 hours per week;
• 8% holiday pay and 25 days off if you work full-time;
• Collective health insurance a good pension scheme through our own PostNL pension fund;
• Good internal training and development opportunities;
• A contribution towards your travel expenses, laptop, smartphone;
• An easily accessible office in The Hague;
• Opportunities and facilities to also work from home.
At the heart of our services and at the center of the rapid IT developments at PostNL, you make a visible contribution to our success. A nice combination of coordinating and substantive work, in the middle of the dynamics of a demanding commercial environment.
We look forward to receiving your application by means of CV and cover letter in English. For more information please contact Ostar Roozenbeek, IT recruiter 06 47659171 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore, everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are just looking for great talent.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!