Wat ga je doen?
PostNL offers a unique and distinctive consumer experience. To be able to fulfill our ambitions, we are developing a centralized consumer data platform on AWS. Our consumer data platform enables us to offer the best customer experience, in which data and predictive modeling are used to optimize the customer journeys and all customer interactions. You will be joining the Consumer Data-platform team at Insights department, which is the driving force behind the smart and effective use of Data, Analytics, reporting and modeling.
What are you going to do?
• You act as a coach in the team that is in full development.
• You take a leading role in the further development of areas of expertise, such as security, CI/CD, machine learning, programming, maturity of the applications, etc.
• You align with data scientists, data engineering team (DAP), data architects, other platforms for integration, multiple stakeholders on the business/system requirements. You are excellent in understanding what business requires and translating those into technical solutions.
• You guide the team in build sustainable and scalable applications on AWS.
• You keep track of innovations and new service developments.
• You design, implement, review and evaluate complex solutions.
• You determine the optimal choice of database management systems and application databases, taking software, hardware and network capabilities into considerations.
At PostNL, our purpose is to deliver special moments, and our ambition is to be “Your favourite deliverer”. We create a work environment in which employees have the opportunity to develop their skills and work with adequate tools, and together we deliver the best customer experience. At the Consumer Data Platform team, we develop innovative cloud solutions to process the unique and huge datasets we have within PostNL. We create rich customer profiles, industrialize machine learning models and develop end-to-end solutions that drive personalized customer interaction. All solutions are serverless, infrastructure is defined in code and deployment is CI/CD.
Wat breng jij mee?
What do you bring?
• Higher education or academic background (HBO/WO) in Computer Science, Informatics, or demonstrably gained through experience;
• 4-10 years of working experience in data engineering related field;
• At least 3 years of working experience with cloud services, preferred in AWS;
• Solid Knowledge in cloud security, connectivity, CI/CD, API design;
• Experience in Python, SQL, Spark, understand how Hadoop works;
• Experience in SQL & NoSQL databases, such as AWS RDS, DynamoDB;
• Solid knowledge in translating business requirements into technical solutions;
• Excellent communication skills, written and spoken in both Dutch and English;
• Familiar with agile working;
• Machine learning knowledge is preferred.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
What do we deliver to you?
• An informal and professional working environment;
• A minimum salary of € 3,864 to a maximum of € 6,357 gross per month (salary scale 11/12) for 37 hours per week;
• 8% holiday pay and 25 holiday days if you work full-time;
• Collective health insurance a good pension scheme through our own PostNL pension fund;
• Good internal training and development opportunities;
• A contribution towards your travel expenses, laptop, smartphone;
• An easily accessible office in The Hague;
• Opportunities and facilities to also work from home.
Big data and PostNL; we don't think there are a more interesting working environment for a Senior Data Engineer. We are at the forefront of the market, because our IT runs entirely in the cloud. We also have a good relationship with AWS, with whom we tackle various challenges together. We are running up against limits that have not yet been discovered at other companies. With this we offer you an inspiring and challenging work environment.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore, everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are just looking for great talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
We look forward to receiving your application by means of CV and cover letter in English.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!