Wat ga je doen?
Supply chain logistics is the science and art of monitoring and managing the flow of resources, information, and goods from one destination to another. An essential requirement in achieving operational excellence across a supply chain is foresight, particularly the ability to project awareness of the current situation forward. We are looking for a Senior Software engineer to help us build out a Control Tower solution that will watch over our entire digital and physical operations in near-realtime.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will work on the design and development of shared supply chain logistics model libraries used across platform components that operate primarily independent of the specifics of the execution environment - local or cloud. You will have experience designing extensible and adaptable mechanisms that allow the same interface(s) to be used consistently and correctly with different configuration parameters, sources, and sinks of data, plugins, and implementations while been relatively easy to integrate into different runtimes and environments.
We are building the digital future of PostNL Parcels. With our fundamental approach to data we will digitally transform our supply chain and allow for real-time and automated decision making.
Wat breng jij mee?
- 5 years' experience in Java (preferably some knowledge of Kotlin);
- Proven track record in API/Library design;
- Deep understanding of concurrent programming constructs;
- Working experience with one or more reactive- and actor-based libraries and systems (Akka, Reactor, etc);
- Knowledge of event-driven simulation architectures and runtimes;
- Ideally, prior experience with the design and development of supply chain logistics solutions;
- Strong systems analytical mindset with good communication and organizational skills;
- Some experience of AWS Cloud.
Having prior experience in modeling, monitoring, and managing supply chain logistics would be an added advantage, as would an understanding of data lineage, enterprise data management, machine learning techniques, and technologies.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Competitive salary, based on experience and the talent you bring to the table, between € 4.416 and max €6.420 (salary scale 11/12) based on 37 hours per week and in accordance with the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement;
- Part- or fulltime position 32 till 37 hours with view to permanent contract;
- Annual 8% holiday pay and 25 vacation days by fulltime contract;
- A range of secondary benefits including collective Health insurance and attractive Pension scheme via our own Pension fund;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development of your specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training;
- Office location: Easy Public Transport commute to our PostNL office in the Hague;
- Engineering laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs.
Furthermore, this role provides you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic, flexible and innovative environment. You will work in close collaboration with various platforms within PostNL so that besides developing you have an arena to create new ideas and innovations. You are an important member of a team that has a great impact on our digital transformation. Continuous improvement, innovation and deployment of the latest (cloud) techniques are vital.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!