Wat ga je doen?
PostNL is becoming a postal tech company. As Senior Node.js Developer you are part of a multi-disciplinary Business-IT-team comprising among others, a Lead Engineer, Developers and Solution Consultants. Together you form an actively collaborative team responsible for developing the Event Management Platform (EMP). This platform encompasses all PostNL’s logistic events, IoT (Internet of Things) observations and trends resulting from the logistic process. This vital data is used, for example, to make decisions as to whether a recipient can still change their delivery slot and or exceptions occur in the logistic execution process. The Event Management Platform is at the core of PostNL’s new management platform through which we are able to significantly improve the operational chain and create new revenue models and services for our customers.
- Ensuring the best possible application responsiveness and scalability with the aid of AWS;
- Active contribution regarding deployment of new techniques and improvements and the architecture;
- Supporting your peers and participating as a team member.
We want to be the favorite logistics company by delivering special moments every day. Our employees and customers are key. We are always looking to improve ourselves and for ways to differentiate with our IT capabilities. As Senior Node.js Developer you are an essential linking pin in our transition to self-engineering. To help achieve this we will design and build (cloud-native) our own logistic business processes so that from an IT perspective we add enormous value to the business consequently our customers.
Wat breng jij mee?
- Experience in analyzing business processes, designing and building data-driven software solutions;
- Familiar with SQL and setting up and maintaining Relational Databases;
- Software development experience using AWS cloud services, such as Lambda, ECS, S3, or equivalent;
- Build-Test-Deploy automation experience: CI/CD pipelines;
- Enjoys working according to Agile/Scrum principles;
- Currently resident in the Netherlands and if required, in possession of the necessary work permits;
- Dutch language proficiency (at least B1 level) or commitment to learn;
- Available for at least 32 business hours per week and at least 3 days working at the PostNL office in the Hague
By being self-starting and self-organizing and taking ownership your ideas become reality; You build it, you own it, you run it. Actively thinking about possible innovations whilst taking into account the most optimal use and application of the technical aspects.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Competitive salary based on experience and the talent you bring to the table. between € 4.264 and max €6.201 (salary scale 11/12) based on 37 hours per week and in accordance with the PostNL Collective Labor Agreement;
- Part- or fulltime position 32 till 37 hours with view to permanent contract;
- Annual 8% holiday pay and 25 vacation days by fulltime contract;
- A range of secondary benefits including collective Health insurance and attractive Pension scheme via our own Pension fund;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development of your specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training;
- Office location: Easy Public Transport commute to our PostNL office in the Hague;
- Engineering laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs.
Furthermore, this role provides you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic, flexible and innovative environment. You will work in close collaboration with various platforms within PostNL so that besides developing you have an arena to create new ideas and innovations. You are an important member of a team that has a great impact on our digital transformation. Continuous improvement, innovation and deployment of the latest (cloud) techniques are vital.
We look forward to receiving your application by means of CV and motivation.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are simply looking for great talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!