Vacature Serverless Software Engineer (ENG)
- Den Haag
- IT - software development
- Geplaatst op 21-12-2022
Heb je vragen over deze vacature? Bel me gerust, of stuur me een bericht via e-mail of WhatsApp.
stuur een mail
Wat ga je doen?
When joining us in this role of Serverless Software Engineer you will be part of the Integration-team, Supply Chain – Parcels. This Integration-team is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining of a Self-service Event Broker. You might recognize this kind of technology as it is based on Amazon’s EventBridge. With help of this Self-service Event Broker we boost the autonomy of our development (Scrum) teams in our innovative business unit of Parcels & Logistics. Autonomy for Scrum teams means faster feature development! The Self-service Event Broker is also helpful for our Data Scientists as it enables easier identification and usability of our endless data streams.
In this role you will be part of a Scrum team with five team members. Together you will be designing and developing software application, based AWS Serverless infrastructure. You will be able to use modern technologies like EventBridge, SQS, SNS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Step Functions and API Gateway’s. The main programming language will be Python. With this mission critical platform we enable PostNL to become the most efficient and innovative post and e-commerce platform in the Benelux. Besides your role in this Scrum team you also will be part of PostNL general engineering community, that drives engineering best practices and shares tech innovations trough the whole company.
Ever since we started our business more than two centuries ago we have been able to disrupt the market and act as a front-runner with technical innovation. Our goal: to keep on being the preferred Deliverer in the Benelux and we believe that technical innovation and logistic intelligence will help us doing so. That is why we work with real-time control systems and applications based on IoT, AI , Machine Learning and seamless CI/CD. Everything we develop is based on AWS Serverless solutions. Your knowledge, insights and efforts as a Serverless Software Engineer are crucial to reach our goals.
Wat breng jij mee?
First of all you are a passionate Software Engineer who likes to create a applications that will be mission critical for PostNL.
Summarised it would be awesome if you have:
• Experience with designing and developing software applications, preferrable based on AWS (Serverless), like SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, EventBridge, Step Functions, S3, API Gateway;
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code, like CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform or other equivalents;
• Experience with automated testing, using git flow, or trunk-based development, combined with experience with CI/CD tooling like Gitlab, Github Actions of Jenkins;
• Experience with a microservices architecture;
• Experience with Agile methodologies is a big plus;
• Experience with Python as a programming language or another popular programming language with an ambition to learn Python.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
• This position is on scale 11 or 12, depending on your level, with a gross monthly salary between Eur. 4.000,- and Eur. 6.700,-
• Our full-time working week is 37 hours;
• We will offer you an environment in which you can work with, and learn more about the latest state of the art AWS technologies;
• We are growing our agile teams where you will have the freedom to take ownership in growing with and as a team. You and your fellow team members, shape the way you collaborate, continuously learn and grow with a shot of daily fun and challenging puzzles;
• You can use flexible working hours to determine an optimal work / private balance. We place great value on your vitality;
• Hybrid way of working, enabling you to partly work from home (max. 50%) and from our brand new office head office, just in 5 minutes’ walk from station Den Haag – Holland Spoor.
Furthermore, this role provides you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic, flexible and innovative environment. You will work in close collaboration with various platforms within PostNL so that besides developing you have an arena to create new ideas and innovations. You are an important member of a team that has a great impact on our digital transformation. Continuous improvement, innovation and deployment of the latest (cloud) techniques are vital.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefor everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are simply looking for great talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!