We are looking for a Strategy Manager that’s passionate about creating impact and developing a vision. The successful candidate will facilitate the development, execution, review and circulation of the organization´s strategy across all layers of the company to stimulate profitable and sustainable growth, by focusing on quality, impact and superior execution. You provide senior management with key insights regarding emerging strategic matters in order to achieve better decision making.
Your challenge is to directly impact the strategy and major decisions of Cross Border Solutions (CBS), the business unit of PostNL which provides international delivery solutions to businesses worldwide.
In this job you report to the Head of Strategy and Innovation of the Strategy department. The Strategy department is a coordinating body at the heart of CBS, developing and implementing strategies that satisfy the objectives of individual departments as well as promoting the overall goals of CBS. Our key responsibility is to help determine the future direction of CBS by looking at existing business performance and examining the profitability, threats and opportunities of CBS. Additionally, the Strategy department also observes market developments, follows new attractive growth segments and evaluates whether to enter those new segments via a green field strategy or through mergers and/or acquisitions.
Another important role for the Strategy department is to ensure successful execution of the strategy. This means we monitor the implementation to ensure it is running smoothly. Although implementation takes place in the business and supply chain, the Strategy department works closely with solution owners/supply chain owners and subject matter experts to establish milestones and long-term goals and monitors these to ensure the objectives are achieved.
You perform root cause analyses of potential CBS-wide problems and advice (CMT) on multiple highly complex, overarching, potentially impactful (and sometimes stock-sensitive) cases, providing effective resolutions in the mid-long term (including business cases). You research and analyze new markets (with external agencies) for inorganic growth opportunities as well as identify CBS-wide growth opportunities, assess existing markets, ancillary markets and macro-economic trends. You contribute to the existing strategic planning process, including plans for the CBS countries.
As Strategy Champion you conduct business analyses of our internal organization, as well as the overall industry in order to draw key conclusions and to make comprehensive recommendations. You research the competition and find out e.g. what products and services they offer and at what prices. You include the result of your research in the annual metric reports to project the best course of action regarding the growth of our business.
As Trusted Advisor you recommend educated and measurable steps to achieve overall business growth. You create financial models to show the company executives the return of certain investments and/or other financial recommendations. This may involve making changes to internal operations, suggestions regarding product development or repricing strategies.
After the objectives have been approved by the board members or company executives, you act as Growth Driver and work together with the business to set these plans into motion.
KPI’s you are responsible for are e.g. value of business won from strategic initiatives, number (and completion percentage) of strategy maps/roadmaps, number of strategic initiatives through pipeline and cases completed.
Wat breng jij mee?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least 3-5 years relevant work experience and a strong background in strategy management;
- Able to work independently with little structure;
- Proficient at working on varius cases at a time, as well as structuring complex business problems and explaining these to others in a logical manner. Including talent to deliver “story-telling” and senior (management) presentations;
- Capable of supporting and embracing the Agile culture. Experience with Agile way of working is a plus;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of another European language is a plus;
- Interpersonal skills, including: communication, problem-solving, and analysis.
Wat bieden wij jou?
- A challenging position within an professional, dynamic and international organization in a fast-growing e-commerce market;
- Flexibility and freedom to perform your job.
- Great location. Office building is situated at the Beatrix quarter in The Hague with an amazing view over the city and outstanding accessibility via public transport;
- A very competitive salary and excellent benefits package, based on the PostNL Collective Labour Agreement. Salary indication level 12 based on 39,25 hours a week with a gross monthly salary of € 4,389 up to € 6,381. Salary to be determined based on pertinent work experience and knowledge;
- A welcoming and inclusive environment; with enthusiastic and motivated colleague and extensive self-development opportunities.
Please note that you can apply for this position with a CV and motivation letter until September 28, 2018.
We will make a candidate selection on October 2, 2018 and thereafter contact all applicants to advise on the status of their applications.
The 1st job interviews are planned for October 9, 2018 from 9am to 5 pm. The 2nd job interviews are planned for October 15, 2018 from 3 pm to 5 pm. Please make sure you are available on these date. Note that all job interviews will be conducted on these dates and it may not be possible to reschedule your appointment.
A Declaration on Behavior (VOG) and reference check are part of the selection process. Please note that in order to qualify, you must have relevant and valid working entitlements (visa/work permit) and you must currently reside in The Netherlands.
Klik hier voor onze interim opdrachten