Wat ga je doen?
What is this job about?
As Supply Chain Developer and Designer (SCDD) you are part of a driven team. Every SCDD is assigned to a multidisciplinary team in a specific supply chain. Each supply chain is different, because it has its own stakeholders, applications and processes. However there is a need in the team to be able to interchange SCDD's as needed. To safeguard knowledge, you will be primary focused on your own supply chain. A change of supply chain is not taken lightly, however if needed, we expect you to be able to do it.
Your main responsibility in this role is to maintain and improve the quality of your supply chain. You make process designs and implement new products and solutions for Cross Border Solutions (CBS), the business unit that provides tailor-made delivery solutions to businesses worldwide. Our clients are companies looking to export/import their products. At the moment the majority of our clients are in The Netherlands, Europe and Asia. CBS makes use of the PostNL logistic infrastructure, therefore your biggest challenge is to create a process design that connects the logistic operation in the Netherlands with the logistic operation abroad. Taking into account the processes, the client’s needs and the commercial network (sales/marketing). This means that you will need to become an specialist by talking to a lot of people within the organisation to get the information that you need for your designs, as well as to implement new solutions. Related to this last, you are responsible for providing working solutions for our customers. Therefore you will be in charge of the project coordination with regards to the implementation of new products (and modifications of existing products) in your supply chain. You are part of a multidisciplinary team, consequently reporting to the product owner, however you manage your own responsibilities, ncluding testing and making sure that the implementation of new products is done properly. Thereafter someone else will take ownership.
We want to be the preferred service provider by supporting the cross-border e-commerce market with creative and innovative solutions. We want to keep it simple, smart and we want to do it together. Our employees and customers are key. We are always looking for ways to be better. As a result, we need you to develop our supply chain. To this end, you need to translate our business’s needs and models into high-quality reliable solutions. We are facing very interesting changes and challenges. As an example: our Brexit project, that requires for us to make various modifications to our existing solutions. Other examples are: the needed and continuous automatization of our processes for Packets, the modernization and efficiency upgrade of our network, data-driven working standardization, the improvement of the supply chain visibility, the expansion of our business in Asia and the growth of our Returns solutions. In this role you get the chance of helping with these challenges and seeing how our innovations work.
Wat breng jij mee?
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree level and at least 3 years related work experience in process design and implementation.
- Good knowledge of supply chain processes and proven ability to translate conceptual thinking into practical information.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of another European language is desirable.
- Experience with Agile project management and a Green Belt certification are highly desirable.
You are an analytical, hands-on problem solver with an eye for detail. We are looking for a professional with the ability to see the bigger picture and at the same time being able to include the details. Someone who likes to know how things work and wants to achieve goals as a team. Please note that to qualify you need to have all relevant and valid working entitlements (visa/work permit) and must currently reside in The Netherlands.
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- Gross salary between € 3.900 and € 5.600 based on 39,25 hours a week (level 11 of the PostNL Collective Labour Agreement).
- Flexibility and freedom to perform your job.
- Room for growth and personal development.
- Work location The Hague Forepark at the IMEC our International Mail and E-commerce Center.
- For further information on our attractive terms of employment please click here.
We offer you a far-reaching and meaningful job. Your solutions, ideas and smart plans have a direct impact on millions of customers around the world. Including you!. We provide a motivating work environment that allows you to develop professionally. Together we are shaping the future of e-commerce.
PostNL wants to be everyone’s favourite logistics company. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us. Where you were born, what you believe in and who you love is irrelevant to us. We care only about your unique talent. You can apply for this position with your resume and cover letter until December 1, 2020 before 9 a.m. Thereafter we will advise you on the status of your application. A Certificate of Conduct(VOG) and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
The video job interviews are planned for December 8, 2020. If you are not available on this date, please let us know in advance.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. In verband met het coronavirus voeren we dit gesprek zoveel mogelijk online via video.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!