Wat ga je doen?
The CCoE is a department with two cross-functional teams that enables Serverless-first cloud adoption by providing a Cloud Platform (Landing Zone). The division also guides the DevOps teams within the company in terms of strategy, governance, data cloud financials and cloud best practices.
As a Cloud Platform engineer you contribute to the mission of the CCoE by knowing every pillar in the AWS Well-Architected Framework and by consulting the teams how to use it in the most efficient and effective way. It is also your job to recognize, analyse and propose solutions to impediments which teams experience when adopting AWS and improvement areas.
What you will be doing:
- Design, build and operate components part of the Landing Zone on AWS.
- Integrate developer tools and other third-party systems to the Cloud Platform.
- Apply and advocate for DevOps and SRE practices and principles.
- Take care of quality standards of availability, performance, security and data privacy, monitor them, and include them when designing and refining new solutions.
- Contribute to the Cloud Infrastructure strategy on AWS, to achieve our technical goals and improve our cloud infrastructure KPIs.
- Ensure the services that the organisation manages are healthy, secure and operational, through monitoring and SREs principles.
- Implement features in our GitOps and Infrastructure as Code setup.
- Provide technical support and manage incidents when needed.
- Find, review and communicate about security threats to non-technical stakeholders and propose a plan of approach when needed.
The core mission of the CCoE is to drive innovation and business agility for the PostNL engineering community and enable them to build cloud native solutions. We free the development teams from concerns around generic platform deployment and governance, and enable them to focus on maximizing the cloud’s benefits with more than 200 AWS services. You are the one who guides the adoption and the change within the organization.
Wat breng jij mee?
You have extensive experience as a DevOps or Platform engineer on AWS especially with focus on Serverless. As a cloud engineer you are self-starting and self-organising, you are eager to learn and to explain technical solutions to a broad IT audience.
We would love to hear from you if the following applies:
- Experience designing, operating and troubleshooting solutions using the AWS Cloud;
- Experience with AWS CDK (preferable in Typescript);
- Strong automation skills, defining automation pipelines and code as everything (infrastructure as code, config as code, CI as code, CD as code) strategy;
- Strong programming skills on object-oriented programming languages (preferable in Python and Typescript);
- Good knowledge level of scripting languages, e.g., Shell Script, AWS CLI;
- Good knowledge level of automated testing (e.g., Unit tests, Integration tests, API tests);
- Good knowledge level of networking, network security and network services;
- Ability to lead technical project implementations end to end;
- Experience in guiding and supporting less experienced team members;
Wat bezorgen we jou?
- This position is on scale 11 or 12, depending on your level, with a gross monthly salary between Eur. 3.975,- and Eur. 6.550,-
- Part- or fulltime position 32 till 37 hours with view to permanent contract;
- Great benefits including 25 vacation days and 8% holiday pay and attractive Pension benefits;
- A dynamic, flexible and entrepreneurial environment with an innovative and collaborative PostNL team, and external suppliers creating value to the platform;
- Professional growth opportunities, for example as technical lead or skills diversification to other languages, platforms or in-depth development and specialism;
- Room for personal development through education and training in the PostNL learning environment, content driven and knowledge sharing sessions;
- Office location: Easy Public Transport commute to our PostNL office in the Hague;
- Engineering laptop, mobile phone and compensation towards your travel costs.
We look forward to receiving your application by means of a CV.
PostNL aims to be the favorite logistics company for everyone. Therefore everyone is welcome to join us irrespective of where you were born, what your beliefs are and who you love. We are just looking for great talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. This entails providing a positive Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) on joining the company.
1. SollicitatieBedankt voor je sollicitatie! Je krijgt binnen vijf werkdagen een reactie van onze recruiter.
2. Telefonisch contactHebben we vragen over je CV of motivatie, dan bellen we je.
3. GesprekkenAfhankelijk van de functie heb je één of meerdere gesprekken met onze recruiter, je toekomstige manager en directe collega’s. Het eerste gesprek zal meestal online via video zijn.
4. AanbiedingJe ontvangt per e-mail een arbeidsvoorwaarden aanbod.
5. Nieuwe baanJe ondertekent je contract digitaal. Welkom bij PostNL!