Over 50% of PostNL revenue now relates to e-commerce
Financial highlights Q1 2019
- Revenue increased to €684 million (Q1 2018: €674 million)
- Underlying cash operating income at €31 million (Q1 2018: €32 million)
- Profit from continuing operations at €15 million (Q1 2018: €23 million)
- 16% volume growth in Parcels
- Addressed mail volume declined by 9.8%; adjusted volume decline 9.1% (corrected for one working day)
- Delivery quality remained stable at 95%
- €12 million cost savings realised, continuing run-rate of Q4 2018
- Final collective labour agreements reached
Outlook 2019 confirmed
- Expected underlying cash operating income 2019: €170 million - €200 million
Herna Verhagen, CEO of PostNL: “This year, we continue to build on a strong platform for further growth. Step by step we are realising our strategy of becoming the postal and e-commerce logistics company of choice for customers.
In Q1 2019, 51% of our revenue came from activities related to e-commerce, evidencing our transition. Underlying cash operating income was broadly in line with last year. We will stay focussed on improving the operational leverage in Parcels and continue to have attention for the realisation of our cost savings plans in Mail in the Netherlands. We confirm our outlook for 2019.
Today, we host our Capital Markets Day ‘Focus on our potential’. We will explain how we will further improve the balance between continuing volume growth, profitability and cash flow in Parcels.”
We are PostNL, the mail and logistics solutions provider for all. With our mail and parcel deliverers who get everywhere, our over 4,800 PostNL locations and 11,000 postboxes, we are always nearby. We aim to be our customers’ favourite deliverer by making it as easy as possible for them to send and receive parcels and letters. Our over 37,000 people are right at the heart of society. On weekdays, we deliver an average 1.2 million parcels and 8 million letters across the Benelux region. Our focus is on quality for our customers, creating opportunities for our people and adding value for our stakeholders through growth, digitalisation and sustainability initiatives.
We optimise and support our physical networks by using smart digital solutions and launching new propositions that create value for our customers. We build long-lasting working relationships by acting as a good employer and client for everyone who works for and with us. To make our deliveries as sustainable as possible, we cover a lot of kilometres on foot or by bicycle or e-bike, provide innovative city logistics, use cleaner fuels, and use electric vans and light electric trucks. PostNL NV is a listed company with revenues of €3.5 billion in 2021. We provide deliveries of mail and parcels, logistics solutions for e-commerce, and cross-border solutions.