How does it work?
As soon as you have a barcode, you can track the shipment online. You can also use the PostNL app. We display the delivery date and location.
Follow your parcel or registered mail (with track & trace)
Easily track your shipment online in 4 steps:
- Make sure that you have your shipment’s barcode close at hand. You can find this code on the shipping receipt or, for example, in the email from the online shop where you made the purchase.
- Fill in the barcode. This number generally begins with ‘3S’ or ‘2S’ and also contains a combination of numbers and letters. Type the barcode in without any spaces.
- Complete the postal code of the recipient.
- Click ‘Search’. You will now see the information about the shipment’s location.
Track an international shipment
Track your international shipment. Select the destination country and fill in the barcode. Then click on ‘Find parcel’. The information will now appear on the screen. Are you not receiving any results? In many cases, your shipment will have arrived as normal. PostNL is dependent on data exchange with our international partners for track & trace details. They are not always able to provide the corresponding track & trace data on time, or in some cases, at all.
Choose your own delivery time or place
Is the delivery time not convenient? Then you can choose where and when you wish to receive your parcel. The available options can be viewed in the track & trace environment.
You can select:
- delivery at another time (during the day or in the evening)
- delivery to the closest PostNL point
Nobody at home?
We can drop your parcel off with your neighbours or at a PostNL point in your area. We will also leave you a card with a ‘missed delivery code’. You can use this code on track & trace to see where you can collect your parcel. Good to know: we will store your parcel at the PostNL point for up to a week. After that, we will return it to the sender.
Track & trace: for business users too
As a business customer of PostNL, you can use the business track & trace module in Mijn PostNL. You can find more information about your shipments here. This will help you assist your customers more quickly and efficiently. You can turn on your business track & trace here.