Worldwide measures around the coronavirus have an impact on mail and parcel deliveries abroad. In some countries, postal deliveries are seriously delayed while in others delivery has stopped altogether. If you have sent items abroad, or are expecting international deliveries, find the latest information about the impact of coronavirus measures in our overview.
The benefits of International Parcel
- Fully trackable service*
- Priority delivery
- Proof of posting as standard
- Undeliverable items returned free of charge
How does it work?
Follow these steps to send your parcel:
- Make sure your parcel meets the size and weight requirements:
Max. weight (delivery inside the EU): 23 kg
Max. weight (delivery outside the EU): 20 kg
Max. size: 100 x 50 x 50 cm
- Make sure that your parcel is addressed correctly
Please refer to address specifications per country.
- Add postage
Frank your parcel using our special parcel stamps. These are available at your local post office. Please note that you cannot use regular stamps to frank your parcel.
- Be sure to provide the required documentation For international deliveries outside the EU, you are required to fill out a customs form. For an International Parcel use a CN23 form. If you prepare your order online, the information that is required by customs is automatically displayed. Have you filled out all the information? Then the customs form is automatically added to your shipping label. Then you can just hand it over at a PostNL point. No printer? We can print your shipping label and the required customs forms for you.
- Hand over your parcel at one of the 2,600 post offices
Choose the shipping option that suits you best
Not sure about the correct postage for your letter or parcel? Try our easy-to-use postage calculator. Simply select the type of shipment, weight, and destination country.
The affordable way to send small parcels
Due to new international regulations, it is no longer allowed to send smaller goods (up to 2 kg) via mail in an envelope. Until recently the better option to send these goods was to use the option "packet without track & trace". This can be relatively expensive though! This is why we introduced the letterbox packet. With the letterbox packet, you can send small goods (up to 2 kg) in an affordable way and still be compliant with the new regulations.
Find the correct tariff zone for your destination.
Delivery of your parcel
Not all goods can be delivered abroad via post. Please refer to International delivery restrictions before sending your parcel.
If something goes wrong
We take the utmost care to ensure that your parcel is delivered in perfect condition. Occasionally, however, items may be lost or damaged in transit. In the event of loss or damage, we kindly ask you to contact our customer service.
Additional delivery options
International Signature for Delivery
Choose Signature for Delivery for added peace of mind when sending valuable or important items. In the event of loss or damage, you will receive compensation up to 100 or 500 euros.
International Insured Delivery
Choose Insured Delivery to send highly valuable items with complete peace of mind. In the event of loss or damage, you will receive compensation up to 5,500 euros.
Choose our express service for super-fast delivery of your parcel. Parcels received before 3 p.m. will be delivered by 5 p.m. the next day (in most major European cities). Deliveries outside Europe are usually completed in two or three days.
International Parcel without Tracking
Send small parcels (up to 2 kg) abroad quickly and easily with this basic, non-trackable service.